Thread: dare I say?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    The phills have the best rotation EVER in the history of baseball.

Phills sigh cliff Lee for 50 mil less then the spanks offered :)
    Yawn....you mean the same Cliff Lee the Giants beat, not once, but twice in the World Series? And that Phillies Pitching staff the Giants beat up on in the playoffs?

Best? RIIIIIIIIGHT.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Yawn....you mean the same Cliff Lee the Giants beat, not once, but twice in the World Series? And that Phillies Pitching staff the Giants beat up on in the playoffs?

Best? RIIIIIIIIGHT.
    Our bats not our pitching cost us that series, btw you ain't going to have another cosell (whatever that douches name is)no way that scrub will get hot again.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    I know it sucks being a Yankee fan and being told to fuck off but please try to get a grip. If what you said is true the phills wouldn't trade blanton to the red soxs(which is going to happen)

Take your shit to Las Vegas, the Phil's went from 6 to 1 favorites to 7 to 2 odds on winning the WS.
    I'm not even close to being a Yankees fan. I just don't buy into the entire premise that the Phillies are that good. Yes, Halladay & Lee are excellent. Lots of crazy shit happens during a 162 game season and then the playoffs.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I'm not even close to being a Yankees fan. I just don't buy into the entire premise that the Phillies are that good. Yes, Halladay & Lee are excellent. Lots of crazy shit happens during a 162 game season and then the playoffs.
    Yes I know how long a season and injuries hence my disquaifier. You must be a fan of some team in the nl east cause there is much wailing and gnashing of teeth. :D

If I recall you're a braves fan, now your concern (fear) is understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Didn't you call them "unbeatable" this year?
    And if you remember, I said that the only team that can beat the Phillies were the Phillies and that's exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    We shall see how everything fleshes out. Hamels & Lee both have had a history of injuries. Halladay/Lee & Oswalt are all on the wrong side of 30. Which isn't all bad, I'm just saying that things may not turn out as expected. Every contending team has at least one gaping hole. That's why they play the games on the field and not on paper.
    Wow, jealous much? Halladay may be 33 but how many 33 year olds threw 2 no hitters in the same season? Oh, that's right. None. Oswalt is also only 33. Hamels is only 26 and getting better and what kind of injury did he go through this past season? Oh, yeah, none. The only problem he had last season was run support. No other pitcher had the lack of run support Hamels had. Including playoffs, he had 20 games where the offense scored 3 or fewer runs for him. That's over half his starts.

Oh, and if Lee was so injury prone, why were the Yankees offering him 7 years for $160 million dollars, guaranteed. This is just sour grapes on you, nothing more.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 12-14-2010 at 09:48 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Our bats not our pitching cost us that series, btw you ain't going to have another cosell (whatever that douches name is)no way that scrub will get hot again.
    yawn, more hate from a Phillies fan....keep it up. Your anger amuses me.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    yawn, more hate from a Phillies fan....keep it up. Your anger amuses me.
    Oh sure, you win your first World Series in 10,000 years now all of a sudden you're King Turd of Mt. Shit. :p Seriously, as good as this pitching staff just became, there are still glaring holes in the bullpen and a big hole in the middle of the lineup after the departure of Werth. And my biggest concern is that this team lost it's ability to hit the damned ball. Ryan Howard is abysmal against left handed pitchers. Rollins hasn't been a good hitter since his MVP year and has made hitting pop-ups an art form. And Utley, I'm not as concerned with him. I believe his problem was he came back too early from his hip surgery and it affected him all season. But when this team is healthy and firing on all cylinders, there is no better team.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Oh sure, you win your first World Series in 10,000 years now all of a sudden you're King Turd of Mt. Shit. :p Seriously, as good as this pitching staff just became, there are still glaring holes in the bullpen and a big hole in the middle of the lineup after the departure of Werth. And my biggest concern is that this team lost it's ability to hit the damned ball. Ryan Howard is abysmal against left handed pitchers. Rollins hasn't been a good hitter since his MVP year and has made hitting pop-ups an art form. And Utley, I'm not as concerned with him. I believe his problem was he came back too early from his hip surgery and it affected him all season. But when this team is healthy and firing on all cylinders, there is no better team.
    Bullpen shamupen, not going to need to use them much besides lidge looks like he has gotten his head out of his ass. They are prolly going to platoon right field, they have a kid in the minors who is better at defense the werth but not very good with the bat. I'm hoping Howard and Rollins wake the hell uo

Bullpen shamupen, not going to need to use them much besides lidge looks like he has gotten his head out of his ass. They are prolly going to platoon right field, they have a kid in the minors who is better at defense the werth but not very good with the bat. I'm hoping Howard and Rollins wake the hell uo
    Yeah but outside of Madsen, there's nothing else. Durbin is gone. Romero is gone. We still have Contraras but we need more than a 3 man bullpen. Depending on what happens with Blanton(rumor has it he might be traded to Boston), then you might have Kendrick in the bullpen. You need a strong bullpen no matter how strong the starting rotation is because pitchers don't throw 300 innings anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Yeah but outside of Madsen, there's nothing else. Durbin is gone. Romero is gone. We still have Contraras but we need more than a 3 man bullpen. Depending on what happens with Blanton(rumor has it he might be traded to Boston), then you might have Kendrick in the bullpen. You need a strong bullpen no matter how strong the starting rotation is because pitchers don't throw 300 innings anymore.
    I heard that blanton trade is a done deal, the soxs don't wasn't the spanks to get. On a side note I work up in north Jersey and the Yankee fans are all pissing and moaning :)