Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Chicken Cutlet Parmigiana 
    This was soooo good! Didn't even need the gas grill! :D
    I kinda went by this recipe but it didn't quite give amounts! Youze your own discretion!
    Instead of making marinara I used my Bloody Mary sauce! I use it for everything!

Chicken Milanese

Ingredients:

chicken cutlets
    2 eggs
    splash of milk
    salt and pepper
    seasoned bread crumbs
    romano cheese
    parsley (fresh or dried)
    garlic powder
    canola oil, for frying

Directions:

1. Beat eggs and mix with milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder and a few teaspoons of cheese.

2. In another dish mix breadcrumbs with garlic powder, parsley and about 1/4 cup romano cheese (maybe more).

3. Dip cutlets in egg mixture (let excess drip off) and then cover with breadcrumbs pressing down with your hands to get the breadcrumbs to adhere to chicken. Do this on both sides.

4. If you have extra egg mixture and breadcrums you can make bread patties or polpette (that's what Nanny called them). Add the breadcrumbs to the egg and mix it together with a fork. Once combined form little patties with your hands.

5. Let oil get very hot. Make sure you use enough oil to completely cover the pan and go up the sides a little bit. You don't want to keep adding cold oil to the pan because it will drop the temperature and the cutlets will absorb too much oil. Fry cutlets (and bread patties if making) until browned. Turn and cook the other side.

6. As your cutlets and patties are done add them to a paper towel lined plate and put a piece of paper towel between each layer to absorb excess oil.

Marinara Sauce

Ingredients:

1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
    4 cloves minced garlic
    1 medium onion, diced
    3 tsp chopped fresh basil (use less if dried)
    1-2 tsp dried Italian seasoning
    crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 tsp sugar
    extra virgin olive oil

*Note - When using dried herbs don't double the amount exactly if you want to double the recipe. It may overpower the sauce.

Feel free to use fresh frozen or dried herbs. Sometimes I use the Italian Seasoning but this time I didn't because I didn't want it to overpower the flavor of the kale. It's a preference, it will be good either way.

Directions:

Sweat onions in extra virgin olive oil and then add garlic in oil. Let it cook for a minute or to and then add crushed red pepper and frozen or dried herbs. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and sugar. If using fresh herbs add now. Let it come to a boil and then lower heat. Cook on medium for 30-40 minutes. Taste it and adjust seasoning as needed

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large pan or baking sheet (with high sides, like a jelly roll pan), ladle enough sauce to cover bottom of pan. Add chicken cutlets, cover with sauce, sprinkle with cheese and top with mozzarella. Bake until cheese is melted and brown.

Camera was still screwed up and lost the first few pics! This is what I got!
    Ginger, check out my cool new paper plates!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

You are such a white trash cook. lol You take a pretty decent recipe and you kill it with your presentation. The chicken itself looks wonderful however.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    You are such a white trash cook. lol You take a pretty decent recipe and you kill it with your presentation. The chicken itself looks wonderful however.
    Buuuurrrppp!

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Buuuurrrppp!
    I'll take more of the "White trash" cooking please.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Buuuurrrppp!
    Yea I figured. :p

Yea I figured. :p
    Hey! Do you think you could take the little puppet in the first picture!? He sings Mamma mia as he beats your butt!:D

Hey, you look like a baby! Get in ma belly!!!!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I'll take more of the "White trash" cooking please.
    I Agree,Looks Good To me Patriot !
    Last edited by megimoo; 12-17-2010 at 07:50 PM.

You are such a white trash cook. lol You take a pretty decent recipe and you kill it with your presentation.
    Just because you prefer white paper plates it doesn't mean you should look down your nose at the rest of us. I would add that your taste in paper plates makes your trash whiter than ours.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

We had him trained to real plates for a while but you know how it is around the holidays. Too much stress and activity and they have accidents.

Hey! Do you think you could take the little puppet in the first picture!? He sings Mamma mia as he beats your butt!:D

Hey, you look like a baby! Get in ma belly!!!!
    I'm not getting near him. Did you see those nasty and hell pot holders next to him? EW. :eek:
    Last edited by PoliCon; 12-17-2010 at 08:10 PM.