1. #1 I was a fly on the wall listening to a group of conservative seniors 
    link

Honu one (61 posts) Sun Aug-24-08 10:01 PM
    Original message
    I was a fly on the wall listening to a group of conservative seniors
    Advertisements [?]I was waiting at the lab to have some blood tests done on Friday. There was a group of seniors near me also waiting and complaining about their co-pays and the economy, which then turned to the election.

I assume the majority were Republicans from their remarks over McCain being the best their party had. Then came talk of not voting at all. Most agreed they wouldn't bother, even though they weren't sure about a black man being president.

While I was bothered by the black remarks, I sat smiling as the demographic McCain is relying so heavily upon was slamming him and talking of not voting at all.

That is when one of the old gents stood up, wagging his finger and said, "Listen. This isn't about black and white. It's about good people and bad people. I've voted Republican all my life, but they have screwed us and this country. It's time we show them what's what. I'm voting for the black kid. He's a smart young man and a good person. You should all vote for him too."

It was all I could do not jump up and yell, "Go Grampa!"
    *gasp* I didn't think liberals believed in good and bad people. Oh....that's right. They don't unless the other person is a conservative.

Banned

That was a bouncy that fell flat. Zero bongs.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Very weak and lazy. DUmmies need to put in a little more effort in thier bouncy tales and not make them out to be like the climax to a Shirley Temple movie where a spunky kid and a crotchety old codger with a heart of gold turn the tables on the fat cats in charge. At least Shirley would sing and dance a little. That story had worse dialogue than a WE network pile of shit movie of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dharma Bum View Post
    Very weak and lazy. DUmmies need to put in a little more effort in thier bouncy tales and not make them out to be like the climax to a Shirley Temple movie where a spunky kid and a crotchety old codger with a heart of gold turn the tables on the fat cats in charge. At least Shirley would sing and dance a little. That story had worse dialogue than a WE network pile of shit movie of the week.
    I couldn't have said it better myself!

Laura PackYourBags Donating Member (1000+ posts)Sun Aug-24-08 10:13 PM
    Response to Original message
    9. Is this true? No offense, but that last thing about the man sounds

pretty phony
    It goes into a discussion about "colored" and if that's offensive.