Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Obama humiliates Secret Service detail 
    Sonnabend
    In today's "MX" magazine

"Barack Obama has come clean about his true motivation for contesting the US Presidency - to keep his daughters safe from undesirable suitors.

"The real reason is Secret Service protection for my girls as they enter their teenage years" the Democrat said, joking with voters at a Wisconsin barbecue.

"Whatever young guy comes by for a date, we're going to have one of these mean looking guys who dont crack a smile", he added, pointing to the dark suited agents monitoring the crowd.

"They're armed, they're dangerous"
    Open mouth , jam in both feet, close mouth.

Sonnabend
    And this

Obama offered Secret Service vetting to a local man, so that he could investigate the background of his daughter's fiance ahead of their wedding Monday.
    Is this even LEGAL???? The service isn't his damned private detective agency..talk about ARROGANT

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    And this

Is this even LEGAL???? The service isn't his damned private detective agency..talk about ARROGANT
    Arrogant and stupid. He's like the guy who is given a position, buys the suit, smokes the cigar and hasn't the faintest idea what job it is he is supposed to be doing.

Sounds like (even says) he was joking. He's allowed to make the odd joke. I don't see any humiliation of the Secret Service here. I bet they don't feel humiliated.

The second one, I doubt is even true. The Secret Service guy I spoke to in Israel took 18 months to get vetted, and he had had 20 years service in the air force.

I don't like Obama, but I'm struggling to find any reason to be outraged here.

Sonnabend
    "They're armed, they're dangerous"
    They are sworn agents and professionals, not his personal goons.

Power CUer
    I took the word "joking" in the article to mean that he was...joking.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Sounds like (even says) he was joking. He's allowed to make the odd joke. I don't see any humiliation of the Secret Service here. I bet they don't feel humiliated.

The second one, I doubt is even true. The Secret Service guy I spoke to in Israel took 18 months to get vetted, and he had had 20 years service in the air force.

I don't like Obama, but I'm struggling to find any reason to be outraged here.
    Well said.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Bingo. Let some air out of the over-inflated tire.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

It seems Republicans don't have a sense of humor.

Thought megi was back from vacation. Sonnabend taking megi lessons?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)