Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 329
  1. #101  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Someone's gotta help me understand how this will effect troop readiness or combat effectiveness. Don't just say "you don't know you' haven't been there" - I know that, that's why I'm asking.

    I'm gonna take a leap here and try to guess more of how this could have an effect.

    I imagine, that combat situations are extremely emotional, mentally exhausting experiences. Of course I haven't experienced it, but it's known that soldiers who experience combat together often share extremely intimate moments. This means exhiliration, fear, anxiety, doubt, adrenaline, dread, hopelessness, loss, vulnerability, and perhaps many more. When you are pushed to your limit with other people to the point of breaking down so you have to hold each other together, sexual energy has to be very strictly allocated.

    For example, I imagine that if I were in a series of situations that pushed me to the edge, making me feel vulnerable, trusting, and intimately bonded in a life or death situation - but it was with a woman....

    well, I can safely say that in this imaginary situation I would probably have a few passing feelings for her, if not stronger feelings.

    I imagine that in combat men become very close, close on a deep emotional intimate level, where only their fellow soldiers can understand their pain, and quite frankly, I can imagine getting that close to another man (to the point of genuine love) can make each of them assert their heterosexuality, just to be sure no one has the wrong ideas about what sort of love is being felt here. The last thing you want when you are that close to someone is for them to take your intimacy in the wrong way.


    I don't think that this is homophobia, I think this is a pretty normal response in our culture today given the gender and sexual norms that we've all grown up with, and which are even more strongly practiced in the military.

    That being said, if anything I said is even close to being right, I understand why combat soldiers would be apprehensive about letting gays into that most tightly knit group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    However, while the feelings of discomfort and anxiety over this change may be perfectly legitimate (it's not right to assert that someone's natural feelings are wrong), and I do not blame our combat troops for this, it is simply one more challenge for them to overcome and I am confident that they can indeed overcome it with professionalism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    53,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    However, while the feelings of discomfort and anxiety over this change may be perfectly legitimate (it's not right to assert that someone's natural feelings are wrong), and I do not blame our combat troops for this, it is simply one more challenge for them to overcome and I am confident that they can indeed overcome it with professionalism.
    You and Jonesy are in full agreement, maybe you could have dinner when he gets back.:eek::D
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    gator
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You haven't answered the question.




    That would be inconsistent with statements by the Bush White House in 2006.


    I donít know what changes have been made in the last few years but when I had my Top Secret clearance in the military and the ďQĒ clearance and Top Secret in civilian life (recently) they asked you if you were a homosexual. If you said yes you were denied the clearance because they felt you were a security risk.

    If you said no and were later found to be a homosexual then they revoked your clearance. These are the rules I worked under during Presidentís LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush. They didnít go looking for this but if you were blatant then it was a cause of action.

    The plain truth is that if you lie about being a queer then you are deemed to be untrustworthy. If you lie about one thing you will probably lie other things. That is the way the military looks at it.

    This is what happened with DSJ when he came out of the closet in the Marine Crops. He admitted that to me and others in a discussion thread on NU a couple of years ago. He knew what he was doing ands he was prepared to face the consequences but that is what happened.

    I think in Manningís case the espionage charges trumped his homosexual revocation.

    There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about Manning and his clearance. The problem with this piece of shit Obama and his change in the rules.is that he will produce more Mannings and less over sight. The last thing we need are more queer poster children like Manning.

    A guy that loves to suck another guyís dick and get his ass cornholed by another dude is pretty sick in his mind, donít you think? They are liable to do anything, donít you agree? Why is this asshole Obama trying to protect these losers?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ft. Campbell
    Posts
    10,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You and Jonesy are in full agreement, maybe you could have dinner when he gets back.:eek::D
    Have I told you that my first dinner when I get home is going to be Pork Chops?
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    53,624
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Have I told you that my first dinner when I get home is going to be Pork Chops?
    :eek:
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,346
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Have I told you that my first dinner when I get home is going to be Pork Chops?
    I know some great rib joints in Flint and the surrounding areas. If you are ever in the neighborhood, let me know and it will be my privilege to treat you to some fine eating.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,963
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    A guy that loves to suck another guyís dick and get his ass cornholed by another dude is pretty sick in his mind, donít you think? They are liable to do anything, donít you agree? Why is this asshole Obama trying to protect these losers?
    Obama shares the same kinsmanship.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Ft. Campbell
    Posts
    10,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    I know some great rib joints in Flint and the surrounding areas. If you are ever in the neighborhood, let me know and it will be my privilege to treat you to some fine eating.
    I make it a rule of thumb to try to AVOID the Flint area when I'm in Michigan. ;)
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,889
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I donít know what changes have been made in the last few years but when I had my Top Secret clearance in the military and the ďQĒ clearance and Top Secret in civilian life (recently) they asked you if you were a homosexual. If you said yes you were denied the clearance because they felt you were a security risk.

    If you said no and were later found to be a homosexual then they revoked your clearance. These are the rules I worked under during Presidentís LBJ, Nixon, Carter, Reagan, Bush, Clinton and Bush. They didnít go looking for this but if you were blatant then it was a cause of action.

    The plain truth is that if you lie about being a queer then you are deemed to be untrustworthy. If you lie about one thing you will probably lie other things. That is the way the military looks at it.

    This is what happened with DSJ when he came out of the closet in the Marine Crops. He admitted that to me and others in a discussion thread on NU a couple of years ago. He knew what he was doing ands he was prepared to face the consequences but that is what happened.

    I think in Manningís case the espionage charges trumped his homosexual revocation.

    There are a lot of questions that need to be answered about Manning and his clearance. The problem with this piece of shit Obama and his change in the rules.is that he will produce more Mannings and less over sight. The last thing we need are more queer poster children like Manning.

    A guy that loves to suck another guyís dick and get his ass cornholed by another dude is pretty sick in his mind, donít you think? They are liable to do anything, donít you agree? Why is this asshole Obama trying to protect these losers?
    It's rather obvious don't you think ?He's paying off his bankrolling queer campaign buddies.They donated a bunch of money to his election campaign and now they want their paybacks.

    The same reason that he appointed Jennings,former head of the Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN), assistant deputy secretary of the Department of Education,payback .
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •