Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Do you have any idea who SDJ is you idiot ?A few on the board do and it was for them that I mentioned the name .
    I'm sorry - I didn't know that POLITICAL NEWS was the forum for making comments about people on other boards.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Do you have any idea who SDJ is you idiot ?A few on the board do and it was for them that I mentioned the name .
    SDJ is a former marine, with an honorable discharge, who happens to be gay. What do you know about him that would cause you to state that he wouldn't re-up now? He was honorable enough to volunteer to serve his country at a time when he kept an important part of his own life hidden in order to do so. From what I can see, he earned the respect of many of his peers in the service, even after learning that he is gay. What exactly do you know about him other than that which makes him fodder for a thread title here?

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm sorry - I didn't know that POLITICAL NEWS was the forum for making comments about people on other boards.
    I am trying to figure out how this takes away from the validity of the topic?
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The same way the validity of my comment is questionable.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how it adds to it. I debated whether to say anything at all, as I knew it would place more focus on it, but I think it's a pretty lousy thing to title the thread about someone that has no connection to this forum whatsoever.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You really think so? What if 66.5% of marines thought that shutting down operations in Afghanistan was a good idea? Would General Amos then endorse that idea?

See, I've seen this statement about the survey in about a dozen articles, and people like you cheering it on, but I haven't seen anything supporting the position. Don't we usually expect a position to have some support? None of these articles say, "67% of marines oppose ending DADT, half of whom claim that having gay men in combat units would reduce effectiveness because gay men aren't as good at firing weapons, gay men are notorious cowards in battle, and gay men like to have Saturdays off."

No, these articles are basically saying that the marines surveyed thing THEY will be a problem, that THEY will harm effectiveness. See, when YOU are going to be less effective if I am there, then YOU are the problem, not me. Got it?
    Before you get your 'wind too far up' The issue as I see it is that the Marines don't trust these homosexuals to fight like real men.Again as I see it the whole reason for the forced acceptance of these critters in the military is to demand total acceptance for their sexually deviant life style and a way to force acceptance their marriage demands .

Fabulous Poster
    Before you get your 'wind too far up' The issue as I see it is that the Marines don't trust these homosexuals to fight like real men.Again as I see it the whole reason for the forced acceptance of these critters in the military is to demand total acceptance for their sexually deviant life style and a way to force acceptance their marriage demands .
    That is nowhere to be found in the articles, and therefore pure conjecture or projection on your part. It's actually more reasonable to posit that these men have simply been raised in a culture which is probably re-enforced in the marine of disrespect for gay men. It's clearly a training issue, a fact which has been recognized in other articles.

First consider that this figure is being put out like it means something. Is it really surprising that 67% of marines answer the question this way? Was the question asked on paper or in person? Was the survey anonymous? We need to know these things. But it's also pretty clear that these same 67% aren't the brightest candles on the cake- or else they would know that they are currently serving with gay people and that if simply knowing officially who is and who isn't would harm effectiveness, then their effectiveness is dangerously fragile.

It was a survey that was given to roughly 1/10th of the Active Duty Military, and filled out through an online source.

It was anonymous.

And you've already had one of your threads edited for slandering the troops. Watch your comments, because if you keep it up you'll be shown the door post haste.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Yeah. Calling out an individual Former Marine. . .nah, that's beyond the pale.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how it adds to it. I debated whether to say anything at all, as I knew it would place more focus on it, but I think it's a pretty lousy thing to title the thread about someone that has no connection to this forum whatsoever.
    The issue is that he was discharged for being an active homosexual while in the Marine corp.He was given the choice to fight or leave with an honorable discharge along with his 'husband' !He seems quite proud of his sexual lifestyle and even had a photo of he and his husbands wedding as his profile picture .

I alluded to that fact that he could if he so chose to apply for re-enlistment under the DADT repeal but as the Marines are so much against the repeal perhaps he should think twice !
    Last edited by megimoo; 12-21-2010 at 12:11 AM.