1. #1 Should Walgreen's be boycotted? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Dear God...

Archae (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-20-10 06:30 PM
    Original message Should Walgreen's be boycotted?

I just came from a Walgreen's, I was there with a relative.

While there, I saw just *TONS* of flat-out quackery on their shelves for sale.
    Homeopathic crap.
    "Health" bracelets.
    Etc...

But what really broiled me, was how we had to wait there 45 minutes, and most of the girls behind the pharmacy (not the checkout) counter, were girls. Teenage girls.
    And they fucked up my relative's precription, gave her the wrong one.

Took it back and after another half-hour wait, got the right one.

After leaving the second time, I convinced my relative to go the pharmacy I use, it's just across the street, family-owned and has actual PHARMACISTS, plural.
    (They even deliver, free.)

Not just one pharmacist and 5 teenage minimum-wage "assistants."

What a moron. Cause we all know how well DU Boycott's go...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Holy crap. This is a bouncy if there ever was one. This gives it away:
    But what really broiled me, was how we had to wait there 45 minutes, and most of the girls behind the pharmacy (not the checkout) counter, were girls. Teenage girls.
    And they fucked up my relative's precription, gave her the wrong one
    Um, in order to dispense medication you either have to be a licensed pharmacist or at least a tech. But the real punch line is this:

After leaving the second time, I convinced my relative to go the pharmacy I use, it's just across the street, family-owned and has actual PHARMACISTS, plural.
    Since when do these people give a shit about a family owned small business?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

The OP is obviously about 70 years old. As NJCardFan points out, you have to be a Tech or a Pharmacist to dispense drugs. Techs usually have to be certified and in Colorado most techs have a degree. Pharmacy aides just ring up customers and answer the phone. Maybe that's what the OP saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    The OP is obviously about 70 years old. As NJCardFan points out, you have to be a Tech or a Pharmacist to dispense drugs. Techs usually have to be certified and in Colorado most techs have a degree. Pharmacy aides just ring up customers and answer the phone. Maybe that's what the OP saw.
    Not to mention that why didn't they suggest their pharmacist in the first place. And did you ever notice that where these people refuse to patronize chains, their favorite store is always 'across the street'?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I'm sure the moonbat was just fine with it when the Walgreen's here near my office was loaded to the gunwales with Barack Obama memorabilia shit from well before the election until at least a year afterwards. Plates, T-shirts, ash trays (heh!) sweatshirts ... you name it, they had the Obama crap for the stupid to buy. Any buy they did!

I bet you couldn't pay someone to haul away your Obama shit that you bought nowadays.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.