1. #1 Jangling House Keys = POW Cell Keys 
    At first I thought this was funny along the lines of the band-aids and flip-flops of the Kerry campaign.

But who else jangles the keys....

Please oh please let the Dems bring keys to the convention!!!

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6736732

symbolman (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 04:03 AM
    Original message
    If McCain comes UNHINGED at the jangling of Keys then he's UNFIT for the Office of President
    Advertisements [?]Edited on Mon Aug-25-08 04:14 AM by symbolman
    It's that simple, and that's a Direct answer to FUX News claiming that McCain will become UNHINGED at the sound of jangling Keys - that democrats would be CRUEL to jangle KEYS at the mention of his name.

If he's THAT Mentally Compromised that something that simple will make him fall apart he is SIMPLY UNFIT for the Office of the President.

Does he have Super Human Hearing, that he can hear keys from that far away, from Denver? DOESN'T HE have Keys HIMSELF, to any of his Seven PLUS Houses?
    Or Does he have a SERVANT to Open the Doors of his Houses, to drive him everywhere he goes, he has NO KEYS himself?

I don't believe it. And the Right Wing can go piss up a Rope if they think THEY will Frame what WE DO at our OWN Convention.

Go to HELL McCain, and the Right Wing Psyops criminals in your employ. It's still a FREE enough country that will will Rattle keys, to show that McCain is a Hypocritical ELITIST, and a LIAR.

He's either CRIPPLED by his PTSS and should be Treated, or he can shut the fuck up.

Spread the word, either he's OKAY, and FIT, or he's TOO Traumitized to be Running for President, in which case he needs to STEP DOWN.

PLEASE K & R This, we Need this to go all the Way TO DENVER, so that DEMS Don't BACK DOWN, NEVER AGAIN. Thanks!
    Thanks to SarasotaRepub for your help! :D

This is what was in the news article.
    McCain has himself described having an adverse reaction to the sound of jangling keys, which reminds him of his Vietnam jailers.
    And they read this as John McCain having PTSD (which he was never diagnosed as having) and that he is going to flip out if they jangle keys.

Amazing and sick at the same time.
    agentS (129 posts) Mon Aug-25-08 09:08 AM
    Response to Original message
    59. As far as I'm concerned, DO IT!
    The Keys thing represents his housing 'crisis' but if it triggers his PTSD, then so be it.
    He chose to make his POW status the centerpiece of his election- the American people sure didn't.
    He chose to play every single dirty card (race, Rezco, Wright, Abortion Rights) from the deck- Obama/the Dems didn't tell him to.
    See, he chose to play this game when his campaign unloaded the retarded 25 dollar tire gauges.
    I don't know about him, but in America, you can't play a game and not expect others to play by the same rules that you play by.
    Why, you ask?

Think about it like this- if this weakness is true and we're aware of it, you can best believe that our 'enemies' or detractors overseas are.
    Can we really risk some group or splinter cell or foreign despot jangling keys in front of McCain during a major summit and him flipping out on international TV?
    Do we really need to worry whether or not Putin, KJ Il, The Burmese Junta, and Chavez will show up with keychains at the ready, to send our 'president' into a mental tailspin? Do we need WWIII triggered by someone with 7 keys on a chain?

The stakes are too high for another McBush international fuckup (re:Goodbye from the world's greatest polluter). Either he's over it or he's not and we need to find out now b/f he gets access to the trigger.
    yardwork (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 01:55 PM
    Original message
    I don't understand the outrage about this.
    As usual, we Democrats risk becoming much too complicated in our thinking.

Shaking keys is a common American past-time at football games. Everyone shakes their keys at the opening kickoff. It's football season. No sane person considers key shaking to be a cruel act.

If DNC participants shake their keys to remind people of McCain's houses, how can that harm us? It reminds everyone that McCain has more houses than he can remember.

If somebody claims it will trigger his PTSD, what does that have to do with us? Is there some official list of things we're not allowed to do? If so, how come the purple heart bandaids were allowed?

If some Faux talking head says that the Democrats are being cruel to John McCain by shaking keys, doesn't that reflect more poorly on McCain than on us? "Don't jangle keys around our candidate, he's fragile." Yeah, that's a winning campaign slogan.
    It has more to do with it bing sick, inconsiderate and hateful, than with John McCain being fragile. You guys are crazy if you think he's going to flip out because you pull something as childish and sick as this. It will say more about you AND DEMOCRATS than John McCain.
    Egnever (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 01:55 PM
    Response to Original message
    74. Damn straight!
    and the pink tutu brigade needs to go hide in the corner or something and let those of us that realize that the PTSD thing is as big as the house thing get on with bringing this joke of a candidate down.
    symbolman (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 05:08 AM
    Response to Reply #24
    30. The moral outrage?
    The Gauntlet has already BEEN Thrown, on so many levels.

You don't come to a street fight with a plastic butter knife. This is WAR, this will decide the future of the WORLD, our nation could fall into Nationalism and a War machine that grinds up all of our sons, and I have THREE and have Served during Nam..

NO MORE. I'll use whatever works, and this will work. If Childishness if what they want, then it's what they'll get, and at TWICE the volume, so they can't miss it.

WE WIN with this. This is SYMBOLISM at it's finest, we are using Metaphors, while they scream and run.

It's how we win. Do it ALL, I say. Poke them in the eyes.

The point NOW is that HE HAS BEEN EXPOSED, he's a SECURITY RISK if he is to be coddled and kept for something so simple as Jangly Keys. What DON'T we know that will cause him to ATTACK?

This is serious shit, far more than keys, they are just a symptom of a wider illness that needs to be rooted out.
    I think McCain and his team should say nothing, then at his next campaign stop or at the convention just before he give his speach a staffer should jingle McCains keys and say, "Hey, Senator McCain, I forgot to return your keys to you." Then he should throw them to Senator McCain, who pockets them and says, "Thanks" and that's it. Show them how childish and unreasonable they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

I think McCain and his team should say nothing, then at his next campaign stop or at the convention just before he give his speach a staffer should jingle McCains keys and say, "Hey, Senator McCain, I forgot to return your keys to you." Then he should throw them to Senator McCain, who pockets them and says, "Thanks" and that's it. Show them how childish and unreasonable they are.

Haha, excellent, what a slap in the face!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Shaking keys is a common American past-time at football games. Everyone shakes their keys at the opening kickoff. It's football season. No sane person considers key shaking to be a cruel act.
    I've been to a lot of college football games (not as many recently) and haven't seen this phenomenon.