Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 " NY Cabbies to Wear Police Style Bullet-Proof Vests..." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    "What a Country:Livery Cab Drivers To Receive Bulletproof Vests "

    A dozen livery cab drivers will receive bulletproof vests as part of a pilot program announced Monday aimed at keeping the drivers safe.The New York Federation of Taxi Drivers is currently handing out the vests to drivers in the South Bronx, Jamaica, and East New York.

    The goal is to distribute the vests to several bases – with users returning them after their shift for other drivers to use.They're the same vests worn by New York City Police Department officers.The union says it wants to make them available to any driver who asks, but they'll need help.

    "Twelve vests is just a start,” said Fernando Mateo, president of the Federation of Taxi Drivers. “But we're going to reach out to NYPD, to individual police officers, and ask them that at the time they decide to retire, we would really appreciate if they can make a donation of their bulletproof vest to the federation, as well."

    http://www.ny1.com/content/top_stori...letproof-vests
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Give them guns too.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,128
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Give them guns too.
    If they can pass the requirements sure give them guns or where you just trying to be a sarcastic douche bag? I'm betting you're trying to be a douche bag.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    If they can pass the requirements sure give them guns or where you just trying to be a sarcastic douche bag? I'm betting you're trying to be a douche bag.
    It comes naturally to him....he can't help it....it's the core requirement for being a liberal....well, that, and being a dickless, balless wonder.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    If they can pass the requirements sure give them guns or where you just trying to be a sarcastic douche bag? I'm betting you're trying to be a douche bag.
    Nope. Deadly serious. Even though I would prefer that many of these cab drivers not even be in this country, given that they are I have no problem with them taking out the criminal element.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Nope. Deadly serious. Even though I would prefer that many of these cab drivers not even be in this country, given that they are I have no problem with them taking out the criminal element.
    Why? They are here legally. I imagine to get your cab license in NYC you really have to prove who you say you are.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Even just clear posting saying "ALL CAB DRIVERS ARE ARMED" would be enough to deter plenty of would-be muggers and lowlifes
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Why? They are here legally. I imagine to get your cab license in NYC you really have to prove who you say you are.
    lol right and in Texas, illegal mexicans can't get hired either because every job application asks you if you're legal to work lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    lol right and in Texas, illegal mexicans can't get hired either because every job application asks you if you're legal to work lmao
    http://nyc.gov/html/tlc/html/about/about.shtml

    You should probably Educate yourself, before you go spouting off smartass replies.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •