Thread: I'm pretty certain that DU represents a majority of informed Democrats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I'm pretty certain that DU represents a majority of informed Democrats. 
    They never fail to show their ignorance!
    trumad Donating Member (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 08:15 AM
    Original message
    I'm pretty certain that DU represents a majority of informed Democrats.

That is why the PUMA faction dissipated rather quickly here and the Hillary supporters are now supporting Obama. Oh sure we still have some bitter Hillary supporters and some stealth PUMA's, but not many.

Point is--- A truly informed Democrat and one that holds true progressive values, would never ever switch support to John McCain. We are dealing with a Moran factor here with the PUMA's and nothing more.
    amazingly
    leftofcool (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 08:30 AM
    Response to Original message
    4. A "truly informed" Democrat

or informed human being, looks at all sides and makes a voting decision based upon the values that best represent him/her.

Quote Originally Posted by trumad
    I'm pretty certain that DU represents a majority of informed Democrats.
    I hope so, that'd mean you guys are in more trouble than anyone thought.
    “When the doctor is out, I’m in.”

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    I hope so, that'd mean you guys are in more trouble than anyone thought.
    God I hope not. That would mean that we have way too few mental health hospitals.

That is why the PUMA faction dissipated rather quickly here and the Hillary supporters are now supporting Obama. Oh sure we still have some bitter Hillary supporters and some stealth PUMA's, but not many.
    The PUMA faction did not dissipate: they were almost all tombstoned. Most of us are posting at one of several Hillary sites. That is why the DUmmies don't see us and can feel that they represent the party. Barry's loss in November, especially the loss of female voters, will come as a shock to them.

PUMAS are in Denver this week, BTW, and there's a lot going on with Hillary supporters in general.

Resident Grump
    DU will go into lockdown, and there will be heads exploding galore :D:D

All those with moles, SAVE THEM PLEASE...this will be gold. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    DU will go into lockdown, and there will be heads exploding galore :D:D

All those with moles, SAVE THEM PLEASE...this will be gold. :D
    Oh there are lots of moles, just for this purpose. Some of the most trusted names on DU are actually moles for people who have been tombstoned. The idiots are so busy tracking the obvious PUMAs! They are looking for people like me, who keep the same name from board to board (which I do) and the few Hillary supporters still on DU who are still trying to make their case. What they don't know is that some of the most vehement Barry supporters are actually socks. :)

We'll have fun in November, yes we will.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Oh there are lots of moles, just for this purpose.
    I don't know how other people keep up the moles at the DUmp. I had a mole that I got to 10-15 posts before I was tombstoned for suggesting that maybe the fairness doctrine wasn't exactly kosher with the 1st amendment.

Then I got another one who sat around not doing anything until I burned him to ream Will Pitt when he left for good (and was back a week later).

I've tried other moles, trying to build their post count, but somehow I can't seem to get my head that far up my own ass.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I don't know how other people keep up the moles at the DUmp. I had a mole that I got to 10-15 posts before I was tombstoned for suggesting that maybe the fairness doctrine wasn't exactly kosher with the 1st amendment.

Then I got another one who sat around not doing anything until I burned him to ream Will Pitt when he left for good (and was back a week later).

I've tried other moles, trying to build their post count, but somehow I can't seem to get my head that far up my own ass.
    The strategy with moles:

1. Fly under the radar at first:

a. Post in the subforums (except for anything to do with 9/11, Israel, or race). If you pay for a membership, post in Science or Sports or Media. The last is great: everyone hates the media. Over there, don't come out politically by naming specifics. Just take general jabs at the media.

b. In GD or GD-P, post replies in the middle of threads that have already gone on. You can increase your post count and no one will notice your comments. DUmmies have a short attention span and no one is going to go back and read your reply, especially if it is "Right", "OK" or "kick."

c. Avoid flame war threads and hot party-oriented topics. Find the posts about education (everyone HATES the educational system) or the child molester who only did 10 months (everyone HATES child molesters). Even then, keep your posts short. Anything long and explanatory reveals a working brain and that is instantly suspect. If you use anything like logic, they will crucify you, so keep it short and pleasant.

d. DO NOT ANSWER POLLS. DU keeps track of every answer you give to a poll. Avoid polls like the plague.

e. Don't let anyone bait you into an argument. Just smile, say "Peace" and move on. Then put that person on ignore.

1.1 (Alternative). Hide in plain sight

a. Come out as a Barry cheerleader. Even with a low post count, they will leave you alone if you support "The One." Don't question, jump on anti-Clinton bandwagons, talk up how great Barry is. It is sickening, yes, but remember, you are saving the mole to do dirty work later on. Only do this if you can stomach lying on the long haul. If you can't, then don't do it. You will blow your cover immediately.

b. Answer all polls pro Barry and pro party line (whatever the party line is at that moment.) Back in 2007, you would have answered a poll like, "Is Biden a racist" with a "yes" answer. Now, you would answer it with a "no" answer.

2. Decide what your mole is to do.

Do you want your mole to be around for a special occasion (like election day)? Or do you want the mole to be a silent infiltrator with subtle influence (much harder).

a. Special occasion: This is easy. Stay under the radar until the day in question. Then, let'er rip! You will probably be TS'd as soon as you reveal your mole, so I'd recommend having several. DU keeps track of ISPs, so start posting from different computers. I have three different locations outside my home (including a friend's computer in another state.) You don't need to get that fancy, but home and work should do it.

b. Silent infiltrator: This is hard. It involves gaining their trust and then twisting their ideas a bit. You really have to be a bit of a demonic sort to do this. It also takes much more time than the average person has. But if you ever are out of work or have a long term illness and want to wreak havoc, there are interesting ways to do it. This makes you a real troll, though, so you have to decide if it's worth it. Some of the most interesting DUers ended up being long term trolls like this (membership star, 1000 posts and all). Some of them even were moderators for a while. There are still a few on that board. :)

I myself don't have the patience for this sort of thing. I am too honest and stick out a mile. But for the truly stealth, I hear it can be a fun experience for awhile. The problem is if you're too good, you get bored because you've outsmarted them.

From what I have heard, the best way to proceed is to stay under the radar (either way above) and agree with those posts that you can. Ignore those you can't. Be friendly, help out folks: computer advice, for example. The best stealth types have a back story, so invent something plausible. It's best to actually stick pretty close to reality if you can.

In the same way, when you reply to posts, stick to what you know. When you start out on issues, exploit the divisions that are already in there. For example, a pro-life argument won't work on DU, but a moderate support of gun ownership will: DU has a contingent of Democratic gun owners. Don't be too extreme--be moderate. The anti-gun extremists will come on and tell you that even if a criminal has an Uzi, you can defend yourself with pepper spray. You remain moderate (remember, you have TIME before you post, this isn't Real Life). You ask politely if maybe the US army should be equipped with pepper spray. Do it nicely, as a joke, emoticons and smilies. That should disarm (so to speak) other DU moderates.

EDITED TO ADD:
    DON'T CLICK ON LINKS TO DU FROM ANY OTHER SITE, ESPECIALLY CONSERVATIVE ONES.

That is how some innocent PUMAs got outed. Always paste a DU link into your browser window instead.

Be ingratiating and smile a lot.

This is a start at any rate.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 08-25-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: One more thing

I trolled the DU and got up to 16 posts.
    My stomach couldn't handle the place and I exploded.
    Yep .. I was a whimp.

About the OP -

trumad said - That is why the PUMA faction dissipated rather quickly here and the Hillary supporters are now supporting Obama.

The latest poll that CNN and FOX are talking about shows 30% of Clinton supporters are going to vote for McCain. Another 20% are undecided. Once they all find out about the 'no vote' that was promised and is now being taken away (with no papertrail), I'm sure even more will bolt from Heir Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post

The latest poll that CNN and FOX are talking about shows 30% of Clinton supporters are going to vote for McCain. Another 20% are undecided. Once they all find out about the 'no vote' that was promised and is now being taken away (with no papertrail), I'm sure even more will bolt from Heir Obama.
    That 50% of Clinton voters that are not automatically falling in line. I didn't realize it was so many!