Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Elspeth - I'm just repeating what both CNN and FOX have been reporting today.

I have no idea if MSNBC actually is fessing up to these numbers.

They are soooooooo in love with Obama that I doubt they'd report these numbers ... ever.

I realize this is going to sound stupid and make me seem out of the loop, but what exactly do they mean by PUMAs?

In either case, their statement couldn't be farther from the truth. DU represents the lunatic fringe of the Democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    I realize this is going to sound stupid and make me seem out of the loop, but what exactly do they mean by PUMAs?

In either case, their statement couldn't be farther from the truth. DU represents the lunatic fringe of the Democratic party.
    PUMA is an acronym adopted by some Hillary supporters who are sickened by what they saw the party do this year. not only in regard to Hillary but in regard to the voters. From the rigged caucuses (complete with voter intimidation) to the denial of votes to Florida and Michigan, the party did the voters dirty to get their unqualified candidate in. For example, Florida moved its primary early (which is why its votes didn't count) but it wasn't the Florida Dems fault. They tried everything to keep the primary later because they knew the consequences. It was the Florida GOP that wanted an earlier primary (maybe for Giuliani?). The Democratic rules allow for situations like this where the Dems had no power to change what happened. Donna Brazile, however, invoked her Momma and said that "the rules were the rules." Florida lost its delegates. (It was only later, when Florida and Michigan delegates were manipulated to produce an Obama win, with Obama getting Michigan delegates even though he didn't run in their primary.)

Anyway, there was a bunch of dirty pool like this, and many of us got angry. It wasn't just about Hillary (although a lot of us liked her) but it was more about the dirty ticks played on members of our own party. (There's no one like the Dems to really screw each other over. We don't even need the Republicans for that!)

A group called PUMA was formed. It allegedly stands for "People United Means Action" but I prefer its more casual meaning, "Party Unity, My Ass!"