1. #1 Biden: a step back for Obama 
    Poll: Race for White House tied

DENVER, Colorado (CNN) -- It's a dead heat in the race for the White House.
    Barack Obama announced Saturday that Joe Biden will be his running mate.

The first national poll conducted after Barack Obama publicly named Joe Biden as his running mate suggests that the battle for the presidency between the Illinois senator and John McCain is all tied up.

In a new CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll released Sunday night, 47 percent of those questioned are backing Obama, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominees, with an equal amount supporting his Republican opponent, McCain.

"This looks like a step backward for Obama,
    who had a 51 to 44 percent advantage last month," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "Even last week, just before his choice of Joe Biden as his running mate became known, most polls tended to show Obama with a single-digit advantage over McCain."

So what's the difference now?

It may be supporters of Hillary Clinton, who still would prefer the New York senator and former first lady as the Democratic Party's presidential nominee
    Sixty-six percent of Clinton supporters -- registered Democrats who want Clinton as the nominee -- are now backing Obama. That's down from 75 percent in the end of June. Twenty-seven percent of them now say they'll support McCain, up from 16 percent in late June.

Power CUer
    It's not just Hillary supporters. Biden was responsible for the bankruptcy bill which many Democrats consider as a draconian law against the poor. And many Democratic women remember Biden at the Anita Hill/Clarence Thomas hearings. It's not just Hillary, although the party and the media will try to blame it on her.

I live around the corner and down the road from Biden. 5-10 minutes depending on the street lights.
    (He's in the richer section of town. ) I have only seen one business sign with a 'congrats Biden' on it (a pizza place on Pennsylvania Avenue). There were headlines in the paper yesterday (a left wing rag). But other than that, I haven't heard anyone really talking about it and haven't seen any splash of congrats signs in store windows.

There doesn't seem to be much excitement here for Biden.
    At least not that I've seen.

Power CUer
    So is Delaware simply not politically enthusiastic or do they just not care much for Biden? I heard that Delaware was having some problems with highway funds?