Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Either that or the people designing viruses and stuff are macusers.
    the stupid in this is chocking me.

you have any idea what you are talking about?
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    LOL! I started with Windows for Workgroups.

Straight DOS on my Epson Equity 1 before that.

Ahhh the days of Word Perfect 4. for DOS.
    ah workgroups. Remember when ISDN was the shit?

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    LOL! I started with Windows for Workgroups.

Straight DOS on my Epson Equity 1 before that.

Ahhh the days of Word Perfect 4. for DOS.
    I actually started with apple basic on the first machines apple made, I like windows machines because like you mentioned you can build them your self. I run mostly dualcore laptops now, I'd like to get an I7 quad.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    not even close in a reasonable comparison response but thanks for playing...

lamers
    Well what do you expect from someone who doesn't understand computers?
    Of course, I'm also someone who goes out and buys a printer, plugs it in and it works with no bullshit. I'm also someone who has never re-installed the software on his computer because he got a blue screen of death, never lost his hard drive, never paid for a cloud server for back up, doesn't use Time Machine but is considering it especially as he is tempting fate with a post like this.

I'm a person who get calls from Windows people, who for some reason assume that a Mac user must know why their Windows machine can't find the scanner.

I'm a person who can tell when someone is using the vidcam on a windows computer because the image sucks.

I'm a person whose 83 year old mother was working with DOD computers when most people weren't even spooge yet, and she loves her eMac (which still works) which replaced her Grape imac (which still works) which she is about to replace with an iMac so she can videoconference with the grandkids.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I actually started with apple basic on the first machines apple made, I like windows machines because like you mentioned you can build them your self. I run mostly dualcore laptops now, I'd like to get an I7 quad.
    My fiance is a analyst for intel. She has been telling me a little about these new 6 core i line processors and how they will be comming down in price. Im like a kid waiting to go to disneyland.

I have to say windows 7 runs circles around the what is it now? 11th version of mac....
    I've got Win 7 Ultimate on my Bootcamp partition.

I don't see whats so great about it. Unless you're more fascinated by totally useless bling and bloatware.

and the fact that mac OS is nothing but a locked out shitty version of lunux is funny as hell......
    You should REALLY study up and not take what bitter jealous Windows folks tell you about Mac.

How about almost 5 straight years of ZERO instances of the blue screen of death.

but macs have more holes than any PC out there. hacks dont write code because macs are like what? 8% of the market?
    No software is perfect. Even Linux that so may people say is the end all be all of Operating Systems.

And any person who uses a computer and has half a brain...uses some kind of Firewall...anti-virus...anti-phishing software no matter what OS they use.

The only reason Apple has such a small amount of the market is that they chose not to whore out their product to every no name computer maker.

Keeping it in house has meant a better quality product.

You'll never see Apple offering to load a BTO Mac with the PREVIOUS version of the OS becuse the current one is such crap.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well what do you expect from someone who doesn't understand computers?
    Of course, I'm also someone who goes out and buys a printer, plugs it in and it works with no bullshit. I'm also someone who has never re-installed the software on his computer because he got a blue screen of death, never lost his hard drive, never paid for a cloud server for back up, doesn't use Time Machine but is considering it especially as he is tempting fate with a post like this.

I'm a person who get calls from Windows people, who for some reason assume that a Mac user must know why their Windows machine can't find the scanner.

I'm a person who can tell when someone is using the vidcam on a windows computer because the image sucks.

I'm a person whose 83 year old mother was working with DOD computers when most people weren't even spooge yet, and she loves her eMac (which still works) which replaced her Grape imac (which still works) which she is about to replace with an iMac so she can videoconference with the grandkids.
    You do understand that a mac is really a pc? and a shitty linux os loaded one to boot?

Mac stopped being mac when RISQ was ditched.

ah workgroups. Remember when ISDN was the shit?
    And it would cost you about a grand a month for a dedicated line into your house.

Hell I was happy when I was able to move up from 28.8 to 33.6!

Remember the days of AOL version 2.0? When they were sending out the floppy discs like junk mail?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

My fiance is a analyst for intel. She has been telling me a little about these new 6 core i line processors and how they will be comming down in price. Im like a kid waiting to go to disneyland.
    Those are for desk tops and would be nice, I want a quad core laptop because the largest share of my use is on the road.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    You do understand that a mac is really a pc? and a shitty linux os loaded one to boot?

Mac stopped being mac when RISQ was ditched.

Apple
    Nikon
    Toyota
    Sony

These are a few of my favorite things. Some people like cashmere sweaters. Do what makes you happy.