Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    PC, because Macs are built by a company lead by a worthless, liberal piece of shit who thinks (like most liberals) that he knows what is good for everyone when he doesn't really have a clue what the common man wants or needs.

Then again, I do own an iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy View Post
    PC, because Macs are built by a company lead by a worthless, liberal piece of shit who thinks (like most liberals) that he knows what is good for everyone when he doesn't really have a clue what the common man wants or needs.

Then again, I do own an iPhone.
    I have an old Apple stored in the shed that I plan on setting up outside and shooting with my .460 smith while video taping. We did that to an old CE machine a couple of years back using an AK-47.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

PC

they're much cheaper than macs and when you bring it home you can install linux on it so it runs even better
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    PC

they're much cheaper than macs and when you bring it home you can install linux on it so it runs even better
    I like to play with linux on one machine, do you have windows 7 on anything yet?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    I've got Win 7 Ultimate on my Bootcamp partition.

I don't see whats so great about it. Unless you're more fascinated by totally useless bling and bloatware.

Exactly.

Listen, you've heard it from a military man here, and txr is right. Mac eats PC. It's the natural order of things. I'm sorry to break it to you, but this is how Our Lord Jesus intended it.

Wait... you really think he would use a PC? :D:D:D No way.

This comment has been bought to you via a MacBookPro using Apple Iphone 4 internet tethering on a minimal signal from the middle of middle-nowhere.

Try doing that on a PC. The fucker would crash before you hit the commit button.
    Last edited by hampshirebrit; 12-23-2010 at 05:34 PM.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

I build my own rigs, so I'm a PC guy all the way. I can build performance rigs for gaming, media centers and development for a fraction of what an equivalent Mac will cost.

I'm a Linux engineer by trade, so most of my boxes run Linux, but I like games, so I have a Windows box for that. Face it, Macs don't game.

At work we've moved everything to Windows 7, and I've got to say, as a die hard Linux pro, I'm impressed. Windows 7 is certainly the most stable of the Windows family, and it's actually a performance improvement over XP in terms of application load times. Again, I only use Windows at work as a glorified terminal emulator to access the Linux back end, and as an OS to run Outlook on, and I only use it at home for gaming, so I'm far from a Windows expert.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    This comment has been bought to you via a MacBookPro using Apple Iphone 4 internet tethering on a minimal signal from the middle of middle-nowhere.

Try doing that on a PC. The fucker would crash before you hit the commit button.
    I tether both my Linux and Windows boxes with my G1 Android all the time and don't have problems what so ever, so I'm not really sure what you are driving at here.
    Last edited by malloc; 12-23-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have an old Apple stored in the shed that I plan on setting up outside and shooting with my .460 smith while video taping. We did that to an old CE machine a couple of years back using an AK-47.
    Maybe you could set it to voice recognition, so as the bullet hits it would say, "Please repeat the command." in Bruce, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I can build performance rigs for gaming, media centers and development for a fraction of what an equivalent Mac will cost.
    If you game, then you PC, and I won't disagree with you. I'm not particularly into gaming, but if I was, I would probably go for a high end home-built PC.

Apple fills all other requirements for me. No "are you sure/ please wait" bs for me.

Yes, OSX has annoyances of its own, but I put up with these on my own time.

I have to put up with M$ 9 thru 5. On my own time, I don't need or want any reminders.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Exactly.

Listen, you've heard it from a military man here, and txr is right. Mac eats PC. It's the natural order of things. I'm sorry to break it to you, but this is how Our Lord Jesus intended it.

Wait... you really think he would use a PC? :D:D:D No way.

you do know that I am also a "miltary man" ;) well i used to be before medical issues.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I build my own rigs, so I'm a PC guy all the way. I can build performance rigs for gaming, media centers and development for a fraction of what an equivalent Mac will cost.

I'm a Linux engineer by trade, so most of my boxes run Linux, but I like games, so I have a Windows box for that. Face it, Macs don't game.

At work we've moved everything to Windows 7, and I've got to say, as a die hard Linux pro, I'm impressed. Windows 7 is certainly the most stable of the Windows family, and it's actually a performance improvement over XP in terms of application load times. Again, I only use Windows at work as a glorified terminal emulator to access the Linux back end, and as an OS to run Outlook on, and I only use it at home for gaming, so I'm far from a Windows expert.

I tether both my Linux and Windows boxes with my G1 Android all the time and don't have problems what so ever, so I'm not really sure what you are driving at here.
    you sir seam to be my only friend in the soul-less mac world :)
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.