Thread: Vaguely disturbing day...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The funny thing is, conservatives may get ideas and subjects to talk about from pundits, but you rarely, if ever, hear conservatives talk like they're reading from a playbook like liberals do.
    I disagree. I listen to AM talk and FM talk, and I find the hosts and the callers on both to be obnoxious parrots.

While both AM con and FM lib talk tends to make me scream at the stupidity (I guess I'm just smarter than everyone else) the conservative talk does tend to have more actual fact conveyed in the speech from the hosts.

It's really hard to declare a winner in talk though. If I were for example to compare Rush Limbaugh to Amy Goodman I end up wanting to take a baseball bat to both of them. They both start off with facts, and then get to the maybes, and then the could happens, and then form their position based on the assumption that the could happen actually did happen. Even so, of the two Amy Goodman has the least potential for redemption. At least Limbaugh has a sense of humor.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Well, I'm here to witness. I told a Salvation Amway bellringer to go to hell. She was harmless enough the first couple of times I had seen her, despite representing an organization that would rather cease charitable work than treat gay employees equally. But the third time I saw her she had become one of those who gets louder and more praiseful if you don't donate. So if you pass her by without speaking, and you are under no obligation to speak to beggars, she would yell "YOU HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! "

So I said, 'Go to hell." Once she recovered from the shock (this is a very nice grocery store in a very nice area) she started yelling "HAPPY THANKSGIVING! MERRY CHRISTMAS! JESUS LOVES YOU!"

So I went back to her a couple of days later and calmly explained to her that the Salvation Army is a right wing hate group disguised as a charity and a church. She didn't believe me, but at least she has heard the word.
    And Boyscouts of America won't accept me because I'm an atheist. Doesn't mean I tell them to go to hell whenever I see them.

It's a thing called having class. Which you do not.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Does your particular political stance on homosexuality color every opinion of your life? Do you funnel every thought and attitude through that prism? If so, I feel bad for you. And yet I always see complaints voiced by liberals, that it's conservatives who are "obsessed" with sexual issues.

I'm sorry that the Salvation Army doesn't meet that "one" special piece of criteria that in your biased eyes make them worthy. However, most reasonable people agree they are an organization that does enormous good for members of society. They were one of the first organizations during Katrina providing assistance, and I can feel relatively assured that they didn't ask for proof of one's sexual orientation before providing help.

So although your actions might get you some kind of hero status on the du, here it doesn't amount to much. Perhaps you should redirect your prissy anger to where it could accomplish more good.

Well, I'm here to witness. I told a Salvation Amway bellringer to go to hell. She was harmless enough the first couple of times I had seen her, despite representing an organization that would rather cease charitable work than treat gay employees equally. But the third time I saw her she had become one of those who gets louder and more praiseful if you don't donate. So if you pass her by without speaking, and you are under no obligation to speak to beggars, she would yell "YOU HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS! MERRY CHRISTMAS! "

So I said, 'Go to hell." Once she recovered from the shock (this is a very nice grocery store in a very nice area) she started yelling "HAPPY THANKSGIVING! MERRY CHRISTMAS! JESUS LOVES YOU!"

So I went back to her a couple of days later and calmly explained to her that the Salvation Army is a right wing hate group disguised as a charity and a church. She didn't believe me, but at least she has heard the word.

And while we're at it....

Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

OH! What a big man you are...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Sorry.I'm sure you did that, but like alot of things, that's a dick move. It's like kicking a small child or shooting a tame caribou.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.