Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 UN to investigate treatment of jailed leaks suspect Bradley Manning 
    link

Joanne98 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Dec-23-10 11:44 AM
    Original message
    UN to investigate treatment of jailed leaks suspect Bradley Manning

The United Nations is investigating a complaint on behalf of Bradley Manning that he is being mistreated while held since May in US Marine Corps custody pending trial. Manning's supporters say that he is in solitary confinement for 23 hours a day; this could be construed as a form of torture. This month visitors reported that his mental and physical health was deteriorating.

http://www.opednews.com/Quicklink/UN-to-investigate-tre...
    So, being in solitary confinement in a US prison for 23 hours a day might be "torture" but a woman in a Muslim country accused of "adultery" because she was raped who is caned 100 lashes, jailed and then stoned IS NOT "torture".

This is what the UN spends it's time on.

The UN is useless, and it's a waste of our money funding it.

We need to get out of it.

The liberals have no concern about the plight of women in Islamic nations.....except to equate Christians as just as bad as the Muslims when it comes to religion and how women and minorities are treated.

tabatha Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Dec-23-10 11:45 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. I hope they can do something for him.

Forgive my bluntness but . . .

FUCK THE UN and the horse it rode in on. And while we're at it - FUCK the idiots on the DU who think this 'poor boy' is being mistreated.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post

FUCK THE UN and the horse it rode in on. And while we're at it - FUCK the idiots on the DU who think this 'poor boy' is being mistreated.
    I hope Obama isn't smart enough to figure out how to leverage this into signing our independence away to the UN.

Bleda
    As far as I know, we haven't surrendered our sovereignty to the UN, so all they can do is talk. They're not really a threat.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Yep, that about covers it. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

+!+
    I can't stand the UN. We need to leave them immediately. As in unfunded first then kick the useless pricks out of our country.

As for the traitor, he better learn to enjoy the fact he is breathing. He should be executed as soon as his trial is over.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Seeing as their vaunted UN couldn't even save Tokyo from Godzilla, and that was with the help of Perry Mason too, I'm not concerned that they'll be able to do anything here either.

US out of the UN,
    UN out of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I hope Obama isn't smart enough to figure out how to leverage this into signing our independence away to the UN.
    He may not be, but I'm sure someone in his clique is.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Fabulous Poster

I can't imagine what the complaint of the UN or the DU is. If Manning weren't in solitary for pretrial detention, he might well be brutalized.

Odd that the UN is concerned about Manning but they haven't lifted a finger for the Leavenworth 10.

Soooo, they're only concerned with this one inmate? In maximum security prisons all over the country there are hundreds of thousands of inmates who are locked down 23 hours a day but this guy is the only one they're concerned with. It's pretty safe to say that their reasoning is pretty blatant.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.