Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I can't count all the times that activist magazine, or group has forced their way into someone's life and outed them. People's private lives are just that, private.

I will not pushed,filed, stamped, briefed , de-briefed or numbered !!!
    My life is my own.

Number 6, The Prisoner.
    I can only name a few political outings, all of which were for-cause.
    Steve Gunderson
    Mark Foley
    Ken Mehlman
    LArry Craig
    the fundie preacher in Colorado

There were a couple that some people would call outings which I would call "worst kept secret in DC" followed by "no reason to cover for this person".

Celebrity "outings" is another matter. If gay celebrities are to be treated the same as straight celebrities, then when you see them staggering from a house in Benedict Canyon on Sunday morning, it's only fair to say whose house it was if you would do that to a straight guy.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Aw Come on now!! I forget what group that goes around outing celebrities - and they are minor heroes to many on the left.
    There is an army of people who are dedicated to exposing every bit of personal information they can get on every celebrity and being the first to do it. The days of paparazzi printing the BS that studios put out may not be dead, but there are independents who don't do that.

Well then Brave, it seems that we have come to a new era where people don't have private lives any more.

I still believe that people should have the right to share what they wish with others; many, few, or even none. If you're not hurting anyone then you can give rumba lessons to goats while being dressed up like Douglas Macarther, pipe and all and wouldn't care. Want to know why?

Simple, I nor anyone has the right to poke their nose into other people's business; that's why.

Those teachers didn't have any right to sweat some poor teenage girl if she wasn't being abused, or abusing someone else.

My rights end at your doorstep, and your's end at mine.

" for cause " is just bullsh*t that the mean spirited use as an excuse to ruin someone's life because they can.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 12-25-2010 at 04:15 AM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Those teachers didn't have any right to sweat some poor teenage girl if she wasn't being abused, or abusing someone else.
    But apparently she was abusing someone else - one of the other girls and the reputation of one of the coaches as well.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Well then Brave, it seems that we have come to a new era where people don't have private lives any more.

I still believe that people should have the right to share what they wish with others; many, few, or even none. If you're not hurting anyone then you can give rumba lessons to goats while being dressed up like Douglas Macarther, pipe and all and wouldn't care. Want to know why?

Simple, I nor anyone has the right to poke their nose into other people's business; that's why.

My rights end at your doorstep, and your's end at mine.

" for cause " is just bullsh*t that the mean spirited use as an excuse to ruin someone's life because they can.
    Did the reporters out Governor Sanford of South Carolina?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Do you not see a difference between a teacher outing a teenager and a gay activist out some hypocritical piece of shit who votes against equal rights for gay people?
    You already know my answer. No. It's violation of privacy, no matter how you slice it.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Another way of looking at it is not who is being outed but who is doing the outing. A school teacher is supposed to have a much different and trusted relationship to the student than a journalist or activist is to a politician or self righteous hypocritical religious jackass.
    Did you have a problem with Beck exposing the public to who exactly Van Jones was? Or do approved outings only count for conservatives?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

By that logic, execution is murder by contract and the governor should be imprisoned.

These teachers are going to need to find new careers independent of the outing aspect of this. From the skim of the article, I would think that their trickery and imprisonment of the student could land them in jail.
    How wrong you are. States are given a legal option to take a human life as punishment for a crime and individuals are not. THere is no legal or moral justification that states it is ok for one group to out someone and another group not to. You aren't just comparing apples to oranges, you are comparing turtles to rocks.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Did you have a problem with Beck exposing the public to who exactly Van Jones was? Or do approved outings only count for conservatives?
    Glenn Beck said that Van Jones is gay?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    That's a silly question NJ. Of course this degenerate only aproves of conservatives being outed because Van Jones and the rest of Obama's friends and associates are on his side.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf