Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Bleda
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Really? Because a minister who is a friend of mine was just awarded citizenship.

    FURTHERMORE Israel is soooo mean to Christians and muslims and Druze that they have 14 current members of the Knesset from these three religions THREE of which have also been deputy speaker of the Knesset. FANCY THAT!
    Yep. A Christian Arab (well, I think he's a Christian. Not sure) is even on the Supreme Court, and the Druze are some of the best troops in the IDF.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Bleda
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Uhhh.. I hate to rain on the parade here but do many of you know what it is like to live as an Israeli Christian in Israel today?

    From the OP. According to the journalist, "people leave because there is no work and movement is restricted under Israeli control."
    The West Bank is technically not "Israel", but an autonomous Palestinian territory governed by the PA. The "movement is restricted" bit has nothing to do with Christians specifically. Israel maintains a military presence in the West Bank for security reasons.

    From the article:

    Other factors are the internal problems of Palestine, such as the clash between Hamas and Fatah, which has repercussions on the economic situation. Qumsieh points out that from 2002 to 2010 the Christian population of Bethlehem has dropped from over 18 thousand to 11 thousand people. In Gaza, after Hamas came to power in 2006, Christians have fallen by about 3,200 units, from 5 thousand to less than 1800 in 2010. [...]

    Meanwhile, on the occasion of the celebrations for Christmas, the Israeli military has ordered troops deployed in the occupied Palestinian territories to facilitate the passage of Christian pilgrims at checkpoints. The military has also distributed a brochure explaining the importance of Christmas for Christians and is urging soldiers to avoid unnecessary discussions and obstacles at the borders with the West Bank.
    Those evil Christian-hating Jews!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    The West Bank is technically not "Israel", but an autonomous Palestinian territory governed by the PA. The "movement is restricted" bit has nothing to do with Christians specifically. Israel maintains a military presence in the West Bank for security reasons.
    Yes you're right. The Israelis can have their way with them as they please. One day I hope the Christian Zionists here will care more for their Brothers and Sisters in Christ who live in Israel than they do the Jewish Nation State. Christian and Jewish Zionists are as crazy as Amedinijad wanting to speed up the return of his 12th imam.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Bleda
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Yes you're right. The Israelis can have their way with them as they please.
    The Palestinians accepted the agreement that allowed Israel to maintain a military presence in the West Bank. That's a far cry from "Israel do whatever they please."
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    The Palestinians accepted the agreement that allowed Israel to maintain a military presence in the West Bank. That's a far cry from "Israel do whatever they please."
    and lets not forget that the only reason why Israel even has the west bank is because of war waged on them by their muslim neighbors. But of course that's somehow wrong. How dare Israel not only survive an attack on them - but capture territory in the process.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The pope should declare the automobile to be the official symbol of Christianity.
    The pope should declare water to be the official drink of Christianity.
    The pope should declare air to be the official air of Christianity.

    Let's see the muzzies try to avoid those things.
    Can the Pope declare you the official idiot of Christianity?
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Yes you're right. The Israelis can have their way with them as they please. One day I hope the Christian Zionists here will care more for their Brothers and Sisters in Christ who live in Israel than they do the Jewish Nation State. Christian and Jewish Zionists are as crazy as Amedinijad wanting to speed up the return of his 12th imam.
    Been channeling Gator lately? It's true that the Israelis could have their way with the Palestinians, but have chosen to withdraw from conquered territory, give them money and the means to establish their own government and even forced their own people to leave homes that they had established. In return, the Palestinians teach their children that Jews, not just Israelis, but all Jews, are evil, and to seek martyrdom in murder. Any other country would have expelled them and driven them out into the desert to die, which is pretty much what their Arab brethren did with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    and lets not forget that the only reason why Israel even has the west bank is because of war waged on them by their muslim neighbors. But of course that's somehow wrong. How dare Israel not only survive an attack on them - but capture territory in the process.
    Exactly.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    My last post on the subject. This video sums up my position quite nicely. If you refuse to "get it" I can't explain it to you.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBBltZJYdeY
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

    You Say The Battle Is Over
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •