Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleda View Post
    That's always been their goal, whether they're Islamists or Arab nationalists. To them, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt, Lebanon, etc. are all part of a single entity.
    They are the scum of the Arab World.They have been kicked out of Jordan,Egypt and most of the other Arab Countries.

After desert storm Kuwait executed a bunch of them for collaboration with Saddam's Iraq troops .They have no rights to call any of Israel their homeland and demand right of return,they've never lived in the region.They are being used as 'cannon fodder' by those Arabs who desire to see the total annihilation of Israel .

Al Quds / Jerusalem is the biggest obstacle in settling this bullshit once and for all.

Why? Because every single religious whackjob holds it as "their" capital city. The Jews, the Muslims, the Christians (all kinds, but especially the RC and the Orthodox), all of these people and their little brown dogs have an inordinate enthusiasm for what amounts to a pile of rocks in one of the few parts of the Middle East that has no oil wealth at all.

When I travelled to the region, I went to Ramallah (West Bank) and on to Bethlehem and the other "holy" sites, none of them that far from Jerusalem. I met up with some Christian and then some Muslim Arabs.

I particularly remember one of the Muslims saying to me that the major issue at contention was that the Israelis have appropriated Jerusalem as their capital city.

We were having tea on his family's veranda at the time he said this. I could see, straightaway, that this issue will never be resolved. I already knew it (I'd been there for some time by then), but that day really drove the point home.

There will never be a solution to this problem, while religion and the overly religious are allowed to dominate the agenda.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Bleda
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    They are the scum of the Arab World.They have been kicked out of Jordan,Egypt and most of the other Arab Countries.

After desert storm Kuwait executed a bunch of them for collaboration with Saddam's Iraq troops .They have no rights to call any of Israel their homeland and demand right of return,they've never lived in the region.They are being used as 'cannon fodder' by those Arabs who desire to see the total annihilation of Israel .
    Many of them lived in what is now Israel. Remember, when the Arabs told the 'Palestinians' to leave Israel so they can kill all the Israelis, some of the Palestinians stayed, and are now (along with their descendants) Israeli citizens with all the rights Jewish Israelis have, and some privileges as well. The ones who left, well, look what happened to them. They've been used as pawns by the Arabs for decades. A "right of return" would destroy Israel. Imagine if 200 million America-haters wanted a "right of return" to America.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Al Quds / Jerusalem is the biggest obstacle in settling this bullshit once and for all.

Why? Because every single religious whackjob holds it as "their" capital city. The Jews, the Muslims, the Christians (all kinds, but especially the RC and the Orthodox), all of these people and their little brown dogs have an inordinate enthusiasm for what amounts to a pile of rocks in one of the few parts of the Middle East that has no oil wealth at all.

When I travelled to the region, I went to Ramallah (West Bank) and on to Bethlehem and the other "holy" sites, none of them that far from Jerusalem. I met up with some Christian and then some Muslim Arabs.

I particularly remember one of the Muslims saying to me that the major issue at contention was that the Israelis have appropriated Jerusalem as their capital city.

We were having tea on his family's veranda at the time he said this. I could see, straightaway, that this issue will never be resolved. I already knew it (I'd been there for some time by then), but that day really drove the point home.

There will never be a solution to this problem, while religion and the overly religious are allowed to dominate the agenda.
    Most Israelis I've met couldn't care less about Jerusalem's religious status. They consider it Israeli, not Jewish. Olmert offered to give the Palestinians all the Arab neighborhoods of East Jerusalem in 2008. You speak as if both sides are religiously-motivated fanatics here.

Many of them lived in what is now Israel. Remember, when the Arabs told the 'Palestinians' to leave Israel so they can kill all the Israelis, some of the Palestinians stayed, and are now (along with their descendants) Israeli citizens with all the rights Jewish Israelis have, and some privileges as well. The ones who left, well, look what happened to them. They've been used as pawns by the Arabs for decades. A "right of return" would destroy Israel. Imagine if 200 million America-haters wanted a "right of return" to America.

Most Israelis I've met couldn't care less about Jerusalem's religious status. They consider it Israeli, not Jewish. Olmert offered to give the Palestinians all the Arab neighborhoods of East Jerusalem in 2008. You speak as if both sides are religiously-motivated fanatics here.
    Other than those you've met there are many other patriotic Israeli's who know that if the Islamic fascists ever gain power their lives wouldn't be worth a dime.Israel will fight to the death for they know that if they lose just one battle they are dead and lost for good.Islam hates Israel with a blood passion the land of the Jews would run red with their blood if they lose.

Look,.. Islam was founded in the sixth century by a ignorant camel dealer who couldn't read or write who heard voices in a cave and somehow recorded them in his holy book .It evolved into a tribe of desert bandit who killed all who refused to join them.

Their theology is non existent and they 'lifted' most of their religious icons from the desert Christians and Jews.Judaism is at least three thousand years old and Jerusalem has been Jewish since king David captured it from the Canaanites.

Islam's the newest founded some three thousand years after Judaism and has been the scourge of the mid east ever since its founding .It's a Religion of war and conquest and all who refuse them are put to death by command of their Religion's Holy book.

Bleda
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Other than those you've met there are many other patriotic Israeli's who know that if the Islamic fascists ever gain power their lives wouldn't be worth a dime.Israel will fight to the death for they know that if they lose just one battle they are dead and lost for good.Islam hates Israel with a blood passion the land of the Jews would run red with their blood if they lose.

Look,.. Islam was founded in the sixth century by a ignorant camel dealer who couldn't read or write who heard voices in a cave and somehow recorded them in his holy book .It evolved into a tribe of desert bandit who killed all who refused to join them.

Their theology is non existent and they 'lifted' most of their religious icons from the desert Christians and Jews.Judaism is at least three thousand years old and Jerusalem has been Jewish since king David captured it from the Canaanites.

Islam's the newest founded some three thousand years after Judaism and has been the scourge of the mid east ever since its founding .It's a Religion of war and conquest and all who refuse them are put to death by command of their Religion's Holy book.
    Everything you say is true. I never said otherwise. All I meant is that the reason Israelis want Jerusalem is not religious; by that I mean they don't want to keep it because "God told them to", but for other reasons. And yes, I know that when the Arabs had control of the holy sites, non-Muslims weren't allowed to visit them, and when Israel gained control of the sites, people of all religious beliefs were allowed to visit. That's why Olmert offered internationalization of Jerusalem's holy sites, but the Palestinians [of course] refused.

Everything you say is true. I never said otherwise. All I meant is that the reason Israelis want Jerusalem is not religious; by that I mean they don't want to keep it because "God told them to", but for other reasons. And yes, I know that when the Arabs had control of the holy sites, non-Muslims weren't allowed to visit them, and when Israel gained control of the sites, people of all religious beliefs were allowed to visit. That's why Olmert offered internationalization of Jerusalem's holy sites, but the Palestinians [of course] refused.
    As Hamps has pointed out Jerusalem's temple mount is on a pile of rocks above a steep ravine .It's only use would be as a fortification or temple site.Melchizedek king of Salem and priest of GOD offered sacrifice of bread and wine there and pleased the GOD of the Jews.All Jewish Levite priests draw their lineage from him with the words Thou art "a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek".