Thread: Teena Marie...

1. #1 Teena Marie... 
    Died this morning. . .Talk about Robin Thicke or Amy Winehouse, but ... before them, there was Teena Marie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-hef5fHA8o

Story here.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

OMG. I've been a fan of Lady T since I was 13. Damn.

Power CUer
    I think I've heard her name, but looking at the list of songs in Wikipedia rang no bells for me.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Never heard of her. Wiki says she was associated with Motown, so maybe my father has. *shrugs*
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Never heard of her. Wiki says she was associated with Motown, so maybe my father has. *shrugs*
    I love classic Motown, and that didn't help me identify her.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Wow people. She had a couple of big hits in the 80's. This one was huge:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYVWoi72Ow4

I might be wrong but I think Rick James discovered her and IIRC he is the one doing the guitar solo in the above song.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 12-27-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    I did read that she was "mentored" by Rick James. I can imagine what forms that took.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    I remember that song. Less soulful in my opinion and more Disco-ish. Anyway. I think she may have been more enamored of herself than everyone else was.

I like how the reports are avoiding cause of death...'appears' to be of natural causes. 53 years old. yeah. life long addiction to PRESCRIPTION DRUGS'll do that for ya! hypocrit leftist media.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I did read that she was "mentored" by Rick James. I can imagine what forms that took.
    Cocaine's a helluva drug.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Died this morning. . .Talk about Robin Thicke or Amy Winehouse, but ... before them, there was Teena Marie.

~QC
    Sorry to hear that. Here, you can borrow my Marie ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9-Hk...eature=related