Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So... we can't put our missile defence system in our ICBM bunkers. That hardly stops missile defense. That is the only part of the START treaty that touches on Missile Defense.
    Obama good ,I know I read DU too.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Obama good ,I know I read DU too.
    Young Mr.Jones see's what he wants to see in what he reads and disregards the rest !

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Young Mr.Jones see's what he wants to see in what he reads and disregards the rest !
    I can almost hear Mark Levin's grating nasty whine when you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Thank you for that .When you post I read the whine of the pro queer lobby loud and queer ! BTW Where did you hide out when NU first went belly up and what did you do with your running mate Fruit n Nuts ?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    So... we can't put our missile defence system in our ICBM bunkers. That hardly stops missile defense. That is the only part of the START treaty that touches on Missile Defense.
    That dramatically restricts our emplacement of them. The bunkers provided the same protection to the interceptors that they did for the missiles that used to be in them, a critical issue with missile defences.

The Russians were desperate to prevent deployment of any anti-missile shield because they saw it as a statement to their former satellites, a challenge to their very lucrative trade in missile technology and nuclrear weapons development expertise, and a reminder of the fall of the USSR. They went so far as to tie SDI to everything else that they did, raising the subject at every bilateral ebent between the US and Russia, even those that had nothing to do with defense, and even interrupting other speakers in order to make thier dislike ofr missile shields known.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

And we can almost see you drooling on your keyboard each and every time you post your idiotic bullshit.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That dramatically restricts our emplacement of them. The bunkers provided the same protection to the interceptors that they did for the missiles that used to be in them, a critical issue with missile defences.

The Russians were desperate to prevent deployment of any anti-missile shield because they saw it as a statement to their former satellites, a challenge to their very lucrative trade in missile technology and nuclrear weapons development expertise, and a reminder of the fall of the USSR. They went so far as to tie SDI to everything else that they did, raising the subject at every bilateral ebent between the US and Russia, even those that had nothing to do with defense, and even interrupting other speakers in order to make thier dislike ofr missile shields known.
    Russia has long feared Americas technical ability to make anything they design work as advertised.

When Reagan first announced ABM missile defense the soviet party followers all decried it as Star Wars stuff But Russia knew it would neutralize their Long Range missiles threat thereby rendering their Missiles threat Neuter.

http://www.janes.com/articles/Janes-...-platform.html

They are at a disadvantage to America in many areas of warfare but the Soviet Sleepers in the US Government are all hard at work to even the score.

Russia today has lost their technological expertise and their new missile Sub and Missile still has serious design flaws.The deployment of the new American SBX Seagoing Long Range Anti Ballistic Missile Targeting Radar system has given them fits .They have nothing that can match its capabilities.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Thank you for that .When you post I read the whine of the pro queer lobby loud and queer ! BTW Where did you hide out when NU first went belly up and what did you do with your running mate Fruit n Nuts ?
    He had a heart attack and died in his sleep sometime last year. I never knew him personally.

He had a heart attack and died in his sleep sometime last year. I never knew him personally.
    I am truly sorry to hear that .He came across as a confused young guy who fell into homosexuality and suffered the consequences.He seemed like a gentle soul and never pushed his gayness on NU boards.I recall his posted wedding pictures and his great pride on NU and I will remember him in my prayers.

Banned
    I'm a little confused on this whole START issue...
    Why is this such a big issue now yet wasn't nearly as controversial when JFK, Nixon, Ford, Carter and Bush I did similar measures during the Cold War? Didn't we have SALT I under Nixon and the original START in 1990 or 1991?

I mean the original START had it's genesis under Reagan, who wanted it to be SALT III.
    Last edited by CaughtintheMiddle1990; 12-28-2010 at 08:22 AM.