Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Anyone else get "Decision Points" by George W. Bush for X-Mas? 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yeah...sure you did...

Kaleva (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:09 AM
    Original message Anyone else get "Decision Points" by George W. Bush for X-Mas?

I did. My step-daughter and her husband, who know I'm very interested in politics but know nothing of my political leanings apparently, gave me a copy as a present.

Initech (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:34 AM
    Response to Original message

5. I would burn my copy right in front of people if they did.
    Yes...that would be the mature thing to do.

Skittles (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:38 AM

6. you want I should kick some stepdaughter and husband ass, Kaleva?

LEMME AT 'EM

Wow, Skittles. I didn't know you were an Internet Tough Guy. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

God how sad these people are.

Arkana (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:54 AM
    10. No, thank God.
    But my asshole father wants to read it.

Keep in mind he's never voted anything but straight-ticket D his entire voting life. Like, since McGovern/Shriver. He's just doing it because he knows it pushes my buttons.
    lunasun (639 posts) Mon Dec-27-10 04:23 AM
    16. why not just give you a lump of coal for Christmas???
    Paper Roses (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 05:24 AM
    19. My kids know better. What a way to spoil the day.
    I'm afraid my comments would send them running. Actually, they thought **** was an idiot too.
    The thought of them giving me any political book makes me laugh. They don't want to hear the tirade. We keep away from political talk because our views are so different. They all think my leanings are a little too left and I think theirs are a little too right. Hence, for us, the best solution is not to talk politics. That's OK, I can join in with friends whose ideas are more in line with my thoughts.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Power CUer
    Not me. I got two cookbooks I wanted, The Barefoot Contessa's "How Easy Is That?" and Joan Nathan's "Quiches, Kugels and Couscous: My Search for Jewish Cooking in France". :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Not me. I got two cookbooks I wanted, The Barefoot Contessa's "How Easy Is That?" and Joan Nathan's "Quiches, Kugels and Couscous: My Search for Jewish Cooking in France". :)
    Did you catch The Barefoot Contessa in London programme? I quite enjoyed it, even though some odd places were picked and better ones missed out.

Initech (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 12:34 AM

5. I would burn my copy right in front of people if they did.
    Typical of liberals to burn books that don't preach their ideology. See, conservatives would have said "thank you" and moved on. Also, many conservatives like to read books written by liberals as well as conservatives because some like to see what the other side is thinking. But if we got a book from someone we didn't like, we'd just put it in a closet somewhere and forget about it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Typical of liberals to burn books that don't preach their ideology. See, conservatives would have said "thank you" and moved on. Also, many conservatives like to read books written by liberals as well as conservatives because some like to see what the other side is thinking. But if we got a book from someone we didn't like, we'd just put it in a closet somewhere and forget about it.
    Or re-gift it. Of course, that would presume that a DUmmie would think enough of any conservative to give them a gift.

BTW, is it me or do many of these posts indicate a serious estrangement between the DUmmies and their families? The way that they refer to their family members seems pretty harsh, especially the "a**hole father" line. . I can't imagine anyone here doing that.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The big Cheese
    I wonder if any of these asshats read anything about or written by good ol Abe.
    Oh thats right, according to them he was a dem.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Or re-gift it. Of course, that would presume that a DUmmie would think enough of any conservative to give them a gift.

BTW, is it me or do many of these posts indicate a serious estrangement between the DUmmies and their families? The way that they refer to their family members seems pretty harsh, especially the "a**hole father" line. . I can't imagine anyone here doing that.
    That's been a constant through the years. These kooks are so far out of touch with reality that they just absolutely despise anyone who has even the slightest political disagreement with their warped worldview. Doesn't matter if it's family or not: disagree with them, and you're just completely worthy of any and all derision that can be heaped upon you, justified or not.

It's been a bit of a running joke over the years to exemplify this behavior in the phrase "throw the Thanksgiving tofurkey through the plate glass window." Sounds funny (and it is, really, but also sort of sad at the same time), but one of the DUmmies actually did that (at least according to their post at the time) in 2004 after Bush was re-elected. Stupid moonbat made a ludicrous stink about the evil * being re-elected and could only be enticed to Thanksgiving dinner by his (her? Can't remember now) mother with a promise that the whole family would not be so horribly cruel as to actually eat turkey, but instead they would eat tofurkey. Dumbass moonbat proceeded to throw a fit at Thanksgiving dinner when an uncle made some wisecrack about Kerry or some such, and the moonbat proceeded to cast the entire tofurkey, tray and all, through the plate glass window in the dining room on the front of the house. Then said moonbat screeched something about Bush being a war criminal and had stolen the election or some other such nonsense and stormed out of the house.

I wish I could remember who that was. The archive of that has been lost in the multiple iterations of CU since then. It was an absolutely perfect example of the DUmmy mindset.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

So what would you guys do if someone got you Audacity of Hope?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    So what would you guys do if someone got you Audacity of Hope?
    Thank the person giving it to me and probably put it on a shelf somewhere.

I checked it out from the library and read it a while ago. No real interest in reading it again.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.