Thread: So I gave DU a try

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 So I gave DU a try 
    That place sucks so hard.

I was banned nearly instantly for suggesting that sometimes it's better to vote 3rd party than for the major political parties. Every post I made suggesting that Democrats were just as bad as Republicans was deleted on the spot.

There were several threads posted by others about how DU is shifting over to the right, which were also purged immediately.

That stupid site might as well be owned and operated by the DNC.

A terrible waste, I never would have believed that a conservative site like CU could stand my anti-capitalist posting for an entire year, and a supposed liberal site like DU flips out and tries to sweep everything under the rug after a single day because I dared to suggest that liberals might be better off re-forming the democratic party rather than just being democrat robots.

Here's a couple of posts that were deemed Too Hot For DU:

The problem with contemporary liberalism

is that people believe that social issues like gay rights or multiculturalism is the horizon for the left, and most liberals spend very little time or effort focusing on economic issues, except for supporting things like welfare.

The root of social problems is in the social power structures and material circumstances.

Class struggle isn't just some economic fancy, it's the nature of the progression of history. Wealthy people know this, Warren Buffett outright admitted that the rich class is actively waging war against the rest of the population.

liberals need to stop focusing on 'feel good politics' and work to understand how the ever-changing economic realities are the core of our problems.

Learning algebra is not just for doing algebra

Learning algebra is not just for doing algebra

it teaches you new ways to think, ways which are very beneficial outside of the classroom

the same is true for much of philosophy

There's one more that really crossed the line where I suggested that the Democrats losing an election or two might cause them to shift back to the left in the way that the Republicans shifted to the right after 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    That place sucks so hard.

I was banned nearly instantly for suggesting that sometimes it's better to vote 3rd party than for the major political parties. Every post I made suggesting that Democrats were just as bad as Republicans was deleted on the spot.

There were several threads posted by others about how DU is shifting over to the right, which were also purged immediately.

That stupid site might as well be owned and operated by the DNC.

A terrible waste, I never would have believed that a conservative site like CU could stand my anti-capitalist posting for an entire year, and a supposed liberal site like DU flips out and tries to sweep everything under the rug after a single day because I dared to suggest that liberals might be better off re-forming the democratic party rather than just being democrat robots.

Here's a couple of posts that were deemed Too Hot For DU:

There's one more that really crossed the line where I suggested that the Democrats losing an election or two might cause them to shift back to the left in the way that the Republicans shifted to the right after 2008.
    Who are you trying to S*it Wi Wi ? We all know that's your 'Home Town' !

Nope. That place sucks and I haven't tried it before. Here's a few more Dangerous Posts that had to be censored from DU:

What I mean is that it's not enough to just dislike the other party

voting for the lesser of two evils is not a good reason, especially in a time like this when our society is reaching a crisis point and people are looking for anyone with an answer.

you agree with the problem in both parties, fair enough, so what do you think should be done about it?
    this is the real problem. Republicans are not the enemy

in fact most people who vote Republican are working class Americans just like most of us. Working class Democrats and working class Republicans share a common adversary. This is the nature of our economic system.

this is why it's more important to stand firm against the ruling elite than it is to stand firm against Republicans. this is why, in my opinion, it's okay if Democrats lose an election or two, if they are a corporatist party side-by-side with Republicans. the left has far more sway with the Democrats than with Republicans, but right now both of these parties are standing opposed to the vast majority of working Americans.

In general, I think it's more important to try to bridge the gap between working Americans of different political stripes, and to hold firm against the other side of the class war.

So how do we send the message that we want something else?

a leftist wave voting third party in 2012 might do the trick. so what if the Republicans win, that's 2-4 years of moving to the right just a little bit fast than we would anyway if the Democrats win.

at least this way the Dem party might re-prioritize itself.

During times like this the Left needs to be active, otherwise, there is a void left where a revolution failed to occur. What happens is that proto-fascist groups step in to fill that void, offering all the rhetoric of populous movements, but ultimately siding for a marriage with big business.

If liberals just keep voting democrat because "at least they're not republicans", then they are going to keep shifting the game over and over to the right. Right now many people believe democrats are far left because the media does such a good job at framing the debate in a skewed manner. It's up to real leftist liberals to effectively and persistently push their message, establish a real leftist movement so that Obama isn't considered a Marxist, and is seen for the corporartist that he is.

BANNED@@
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

I guess this is another step in your heretofore lacking education. Liberals are not what liberals claim they are. Here is another lesson; We are not what liberals claim Conservatives are. Only liberal Sheeple believe liberal memes.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    What was your DU name?
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    What was your DU name?
    Poo Poo !

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    What was your DU name?
    zizekandbeck

welp it was a short run

NeunElfer SuperMod hampshirebrit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    zizekandbeck

welp it was a short run
    Looks like you've been renamed to "Name Removed".
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

If only they knew how badly you want to destroy this country, they would welcome you with open arms!:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    DU and Free Republic have a great deal in common personality wise and as far as banning goes. Both have no tolerance for anyone who isn't toeing the line of the orthodoxy, and yet you won't find a copy of the orthodoxy on there.

The thing they have most in common is a lack of objectivity, and the inability to reconcile with reality the fact that their philosophy doesn't match actual conditions.

For example, you can't convince most of the people on DU that the public schools are failures and will continue to fail, because they believe that the public schools are only failing because "you" aren't agreeing with their belief system. On the flip side, you can't convince the folks at FR that you can't fix the public schools with explosive devices and bulldozers.