Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1 DUmmies try to figure out how to save a sinking ship. 
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,072
    Ken Burch (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 11:25 PM
    Original message
    NO one who ran for the Democratic nomination before should do it again.
    We need a different nominee.

    The incumbent can't regain his popularity, and can't win Congress back for us. Without a Democratic House, it can't be worth re-electing a Democratic president since that Democratic president can't DO anything Democratic if the House stays GOP(the last Democratic adminstration proves this).

    The runner-up is committed to all the things that have made this administration unpopular(she STILL loves globalization, STILL thinks we need "pro-business" economic policies, STILL wants us to stay in Afghanistan indefinitely, STILL wants to bomb Iran even though nothing but misery can come of that, STILL wants a massive war budget).

    Dean is a good man, but better as an organizer than a candidate.

    And Dennis whom I still regard as a hero, will always be picked apart over trivialities.

    We need someone else.

    If we don't GET someone else, we're doomed in 2012.
    grasswire (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 11:32 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. how about Brian Schweitzer?

    I guess the problem is that the nominee needs to be from a state that has strategic importance, and Montana doesn't.

    What I don't want again is someone with zero track record who is propelled to the front simply because he is malleable and fungible.
    xxqqqzme (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 11:53 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    19. Schweitzer is in love w/ 'clean' coal.
    He was singing the praises of the fantasy notion when he was elected governor.
    So was Obama.

    Pisces (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 11:36 PM
    Response to Original message
    5. This is a democratic site that supports it's democratic President. Go sell your garbage
    somewhere else. The only thing doomed is this thread and your sales pitch.
    MadBadger (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 11:39 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. This is a comical OP
    Arkana (1000+ posts) Mon Dec-27-10 11:41 PM
    Response to Original message
    8. The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
    Your typical bunch who'd rather not bail, refusing to believe the unsinkable ship is sinking.

    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ress=439x79517
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,881
    the last Democratic adminstration proves this
    And exactly how was the economy under this GOP house?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    16,747
    Alan Grayson 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!eleventy1!!!!1111!!!!! :D
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Zoomie djones520's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    10,072
    the last Democratic adminstration proves this
    It's funny, because they always try to point out how succesful the Clinton administration was. They never like to point out that it was because he was held in balance by a Republican congress.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

    In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    15,881
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    It's funny, because they always try to point out how succesful the Clinton administration was. They never like to point out that it was because he was held in balance by a Republican congress.
    Hence my post. :D
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,615
    And Dennis whom I still regard as a hero, will always be picked apart over trivialities.
    Yeah, the "triviality" that he's a stark-raving fucking lunatic who bankrupted Cleveland and then ran off to spend the mid-'80s with Shirley MacLaine. Boy, howdy, that must have been quite an experience....
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    On talk radio , I keep hearing "Stop Obama in 2012" but I don't hear much in the way of a candidate who can do that. These "pundits" (Hannity, Schnitt, Limbaugh, Levin, Hunt, etc...) keep mouthing that "McCain wasn't conservative enough" bullshit.

    Bullshit. You're kidding yourselves if you think the kind of "conservatism" these Tea Party folks claim to represent will win the White House.

    Republicans are a numerical minority in the United States. To win the presidency, they have to peel off some Democrats.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Republicans represent the far right option, and democrats parade around as the sane compromising centrist side. Bot of these parties are almost entirely owned and operated by big business, wall street, banks, and the other economic powerhouses. There is no leftist party, so we get a bunch of spectacle, people flinging shit back and forth and the two parties bickering but in the end they represent the same people.


    Even people who consider themselves moderate or conservative should hope that there is a leftist party, so that we can have a real discussion, rather than republicans calling democrats socialists and democrats calling republicans racists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Republicans represent the far right option, and democrats parade around as the sane compromising centrist side. Bot of these parties are almost entirely owned and operated by big business, wall street, banks, and the other economic powerhouses. There is no leftist party, so we get a bunch of spectacle, people flinging shit back and forth and the two parties bickering but in the end they represent the same people.


    Even people who consider themselves moderate or conservative should hope that there is a leftist party, so that we can have a real discussion, rather than republicans calling democrats socialists and democrats calling republicans racists.
    So, you consider people like Pelosi and Kucinich and self-avowed socialist Bernie Sanders and Kooktown Al Franken to be the center? Time to hit the reset button and re-discover the center, man.

    Sorry, but the party leadership in the Democrats is very decidedly Leftist. Now there's certainly plenty of elected Democrats who are not nearly so far to the left, just as there are certainly plenty of elected Republicans who are not nearly so far to the right as many would like the GOP leadership to be (Boehner is not exactly a right-wing extremist, much to my chagrin), but to pretend that the Democrats are not a Leftist party is just fallacy and/or imagination.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    So, you consider people like Pelosi and Kucinich and self-avowed socialist Bernie Sanders and Kooktown Al Franken to be the center? Time to hit the reset button and re-discover the center, man.

    Sorry, but the party leadership in the Democrats is very decidedly Leftist. Now there's certainly plenty of elected Democrats who are not nearly so far to the left, just as there are certainly plenty of elected Republicans who are not nearly so far to the right as many would like the GOP leadership to be (Boehner is not exactly a right-wing extremist, much to my chagrin), but to pretend that the Democrats are not a Leftist party is just fallacy and/or imagination.
    wee wee the pee pee boy is a idiot Adam. You shouldnt waste your time.....
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •