Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    On talk radio , I keep hearing "Stop Obama in 2012" but I don't hear much in the way of a candidate who can do that. These "pundits" (Hannity, Schnitt, Limbaugh, Levin, Hunt, etc...) keep mouthing that "McCain wasn't conservative enough" bullshit.

Bullshit. You're kidding yourselves if you think the kind of "conservatism" these Tea Party folks claim to represent will win the White House.

Republicans are a numerical minority in the United States. To win the presidency, they have to peel off some Democrats.
    True, Republicans are a numerical minority. They are not however a philosophical minority. Conservatives are a majority philosophy in this country. Dims are a majority yet their liberal philosophy is a minority, hence, your assertion that a Tea Party type cannot win is hollow. Especially hollow when the same was said of Reagan. Also, conventional wisdom said that a far left ideologue (Marxist) like O Blah Blah could never be elected.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    On talk radio , I keep hearing "Stop Obama in 2012" but I don't hear much in the way of a candidate who can do that. These "pundits" (Hannity, Schnitt, Limbaugh, Levin, Hunt, etc...) keep mouthing that "McCain wasn't conservative enough" bullshit.

Bullshit. You're kidding yourselves if you think the kind of "conservatism" these Tea Party folks claim to represent will win the White House.

Republicans are a numerical minority in the United States. To win the presidency, they have to peel off some Democrats.
    Gary E. Johnson

I am not a Republican, but I'd vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Also, conventional wisdom said that a far left ideologue (Marxist) like O Blah Blah could never be elected.
    Obama is anything but an ideologue. You need some core values for that. Obama is merely a well-spoken lawyer/politician who will say whatever he thinks people want to hear in order to get elected.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Obama is anything but an ideologue. You need some core values for that. Obama is merely a well-spoken lawyer/politician who will say whatever the teleprompter says.
    Corrected to better reflect reality.

Obama is most definitely a puppet.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Alan Grayson 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!eleventy1!!!!1111!!!!! :D
    I would pay to see that! :D
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.