Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 111th Congress Added More Debt Than First 100 Congresses Combined 
    111th Congress Added More Debt Than First 100 Congresses Combined: $10,429 Per Person in U.S.
    Monday, December 27, 2010

    By Terence P. Jeffrey

    House Speaker Nancy Pelosi holds one of the pens used by President Barack Obama to sign the health care bill, Tuesday, March 23, 2010, in the East Room of the White House in Washington. (AP Photo/J. Scott Applewhite)

    (CNSNews.com) - The federal government has accumulated more new debt--$3.22 trillion ($3,220,103,625,307.29)—during the tenure of the 111th Congress than it did during the first 100 Congresses combined, according to official debt figures published by the U.S. Treasury.

    That equals $10,429.64 in new debt for each and every one of the 308,745,538 people counted in the United States by the 2010 Census.

    The total national debt of $13,858,529,371,601.09 (or $13.859 trillion), as recorded by the U.S. Treasury at the close of business on Dec. 22, now equals $44,886.57 for every man, woman and child in the United States.

    In fact, the 111th Congress not only has set the record as the most debt-accumulating Congress in U.S. history, but also has out-stripped its nearest competitor, the 110th, by an astounding $1.262 trillion in new debt.

    During the 110th Congress—which, according to the Clerk of the House, officially convened on Jan. 4, 2007 and adjourned on Jan. 4, 2009--the national debt increased $1.957 trillion. When that Congress adjourned less than two years ago, it claimed the record as the most debt-accumulating Congress in U.S. history. As it turned out, however, its record did not last long.

    The $3.22 trillion in new federal debt run up during the 111th Congress exceeds by 64 percent the $1.957 trillion in new debt run up during the 110th.

    Although the 111th Congress cast its last vote on Dec. 22, it will not officially adjourn until next week.
    :mad:

    CNS
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    See, they are the most productive in history.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,902
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    See, they are the most productive in history.
    There is such a thing as optimism but sheesh!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Madisonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Peoples Democratic Socialist Republic of Michiganistanovia
    Posts
    2,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    There is such a thing as optimism but sheesh!
    The question is not how much they spent, but do you feel safer?

    Well do you, punk?:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    The 110th congress added more debt than the first 98 congresses COMBINED

    Whats your point ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    The 110th congress added more debt than the first 98 congresses COMBINED

    Whats your point ?
    Have you just been released from the bin ?You are still as thick as a brick !I suppose That I shouldn't 'pick' on you because of your 'handicap' but you should have made some progress by now !Even the dumbest of the DUmmie's have moved ahead a little but you...nothing !
    Last edited by megimoo; 12-29-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    The 110th congress added more debt than the first 98 congresses COMBINED

    Whats your point ?
    We are asshole to appetite in debt. Helicopter Ben and Congress is bankrupting us. Our credit rating is in jeopardy of being down graded by Moody. Interest on the National debt is growing by leaps and bounds.

    Do you get the point or are you a retardate?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    We are asshole to appetite in debt. Helicopter Ben and Congress is bankrupting us. Our credit rating is in jeopardy of being down graded by Moody. Interest on the National debt is growing by leaps and bounds.

    Do you get the point or are you a retardate?
    And this had nothing to do with Bush destroying the nation ?

    face it , Bush destroyed the US economy , fixing it will take a little while.

    If Bush didn't destroy the economy there would have been no bank bailout , no stimulus package , no auto bailout.

    The debt is massive because of Bush , the economy is in trouble because of Bush.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    And this had nothing to do with Bush destroying the nation ?

    face it , Bush destroyed the US economy , fixing it will take a little while.

    If Bush didn't destroy the economy there would have been no bank bailout , no stimulus package , no auto bailout.

    The debt is massive because of Bush , the economy is in trouble because of Bush.
    Obama promised that the 800 billion stimulus plan would fix the economy and lower unemployment. Instead, it went up. The massive debt is because Obama pissed away billions and has not fixed shit. Fail.

    If fag Barney and Dodd had not crashed the housing market, we would not be in this shape. These two liberal dummies forced banks to lend to any bum that came along that did not have a job or no income. The housing market crash started the downward spiral of the economy. There are more foreclosures to come and ARMs resetting. The housing market is in big trouble. Prices are still going down in many areas of the country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    It's only money.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •