1. #1 One and a half bouncies 
    Boing.

rsmith6621 (1000+ posts) Thu Dec-30-10 12:52 PM
    Original message
    Who Knows...On Monday I May Be Unemployed

....Yesterday I was sitting next to the Flat Screen that we have outside media outlets being streamed through.....Due to the fact we have had some snow here in Seattle we had the flat screen on a local network when all the sudden Nancy Grace appeared in an hour long feature with her as a host.....

Well.....a few of my co-workers asked me to turn it to another channel cause they hate hearing Graces drawlly voice, so I turned it to CNN.

Well anyhow my big boss said he feels the same way about Sarah Palins when she speaks and then he followed up by saying but I agree with her polices and program....I BIT MY TOUNGE HARD but my tounge lost and I said "What policies and programs of hers do you agree with"....what solutions do you agree that she has that will get the country back on the right track for all...... He became very quiet and my mouth had to say the following...." I guess your silence is evidence that she has nothing to offer".....ten minutes later after a period of quiet on his part he grabbed his coat turned of his desk light and wished everyone a Happy New Year and left for the rest of the week...

All's my fellow coworkers could say in effect was DUDE!!!
    Well, Mr. Smith, you forgot to include your boss jumping out of the bushes or tearing the Wastika off of his SUV and swearing to buy a Prius.

What a laugh. This is just abject horseshit. Not even very creative horseshit, either.

Work harder, DUmmy! You're not nearly entertaining enough!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I think I lost a couple of IQ points....

Watch where you walk, I don't want to have them stepped on... :eek:
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I think that it is a very long shot that this is true, but if it is....or even if it isn't.....

I think it's very telling that liberals think that it's just dandy to be rude and arrogant in a work setting or someplace where they are with strangers.......and then when the conservative acts in a manner that is considered polite....by not getting into an argument that the liberals obviously wants.......they figure that they have won.

It says nothing about the strength of their argument, or the truth of what they say, and EVERYTHING about being rude and being a bully.

bluestate10 Donating Member (522 posts) Dec-30-10 02:06 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    16. Agreed. The manager would be on legally treacherous ground

attempting to fire for political, religious, ethnic or racial differences
    . His bosses will likely firs him if he tries and you prove your point.

But having written the above, maybe the manager realizes that his statement was pure hoke. If he offers an olive branch like a sit down over coffee, the poster should take that as a chance to clear the air and let the manager know that he was not questioning the manager's values, but that the poster have serious reservations about Palin and her capacity to lead on a big stage.
    Since when did political views or affiliation become one of the "protected classes"?
    K8-EEE Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Dec-30-10 01:48 PM
    Response to Original message
    11. Hopefully he will cool off over the weekend

They tend to be hotheaded esp. when called on BS -- but I think firing you over such a conversation would cause him a lot of problems. I think he will prob just be vibey for awhile, not fire you. It's not like you lost your temper and said "you fucking idiot, you fool liking Sarah Palin, you're such an ass!" II think it will blow over. Not holding out any hope that he will come to his senses though. Not too many people like Quitter but the ones who do are downright cultists.
    No where does it seem as though the boss is "hot headed", it sounds more like the jerk employee is hot headed and rather stupid as well.

What about the boss breaking down in tears?

Or twenty customers come running and say RSmith totally right.

Or the even better one of the employees staging a revolt , having the boss's head on a pole , RSmith covered in blood screaming " This store now belongs to the People!!!"
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    This is nothing but pure projection on what the DUMMY would do if the situation were reversed.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

bluestate10 Donating Member (522 posts) Dec-30-10 02:06 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    16. Agreed. The manager would be on legally treacherous ground

attempting to fire for political, religious, ethnic or racial differences. His bosses will likely firs him if he tries and you prove your point.

But having written the above, maybe the manager realizes that his statement was pure hoke. If he offers an olive branch like a sit down over coffee, the poster should take that as a chance to clear the air and let the manager know that he was not questioning the manager's values, but that the poster have serious reservations about Palin and her capacity to lead on a big stage.
    Wrong again DUmmy. The boss would fire you for the blatant disrespect you publicly displayed toward him. then your worthless, unemployed butt can complain about the TV at the unemployment office being on the FOX network.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand