View Poll Results: Should the Obama tax cuts be extended ?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

4 66.67%
  • no

2 33.33%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Well, since there have been no TAX CUTS under Obumbles, the answer is no.

Since you seem to be so in favor of the "Stimulus" that Obumbles forced upon the American people, maybe you can show us where those mythical TAX CUTS are....not TAX CREDITS Stupidicus, actual TAX CUTS.

Also we expect links to the what's really in the "Stimulus", not what some hack at your favorite liberal talking point dispensary has to say. In other words, from the "Stimulus" itself.
    I already showed him where the unemployment rate went up from 7.7 to 10.1 6 months after the boondoggle was signed.
    but he refuses to acknowledge that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    I am floored that NOBODY on the CU will answer this basic question.

Amazing nobody will say if tax cuts create jobs.

We all know why you fools can't answer .... Oh the shame.

I double dare ANYBODY to answer this question...

I predict that these stupid fucks will call this simple question a TRICK.

Imagine that , asking if tax cuts create jobs is a trick.

Yet here we are. CU members will post in this thread that they have answered the question , yet will never post a link or post a YES or NO to the question.

here is an idea , instead of posting insults , just post your answer to the threads question ...YES OR NO.
    You are an ass, you know that?

The thread is 'Do tax cuts create jobs', yet your poll is about Zero's tax cuts. Clue: Zero has not passed any tax cuts. Thank you for playing....

ETA: Looks like these are combined threads, and I jumped the gun...Sorry.
    Last edited by Apache; 12-31-2010 at 01:44 PM.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Yes

No
    Name me one tax cut Zero has signed....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

OK , For you lurkers out there...

You are asking yourself WHY wouldn't someone answer this question and shut this guy down ?

The answer is easy.

The CU member answers the question "YES , tax cuts create jobs"

I follow up with the obvious question...

"Did the stimulus create jobs?"

Well, CU members have already taken a position on the stimulus , ...It DIDN'T create jobs.

What are we left with ?

The Bush tax cuts create jobs but the Obama tax cuts don't create jobs.... clearly hypocrisy is needed to form this twisted opinion , and this is exactly the reason they will never answer these questions.

Checkmate , again.
    It always irks me when I see people (like Krugman) that claim 40% of the stimulus is "tax cuts". But there are two large fundamental flaws in that.

First, calling tax cuts "spending" is a huge error in terms of calculating spending. If a business cuts the prices of their bottles of soda from $1.00 to $0.90, they don't go to the accounting books and count that as a liability. Deficits cause spending, not cuts.

The other misconception is the clouding of the definition by liberals of the word "tax cut". What is in the stimulus bill is not a tax cut, but a series of tax credits. Since you seem to have difficulty grasping this concept, I will lay it out for you:

A tax cut is what it is, a reduction on the taxes you pay. It does not matter how many children you have or how many old windows are in your house. If you pay taxes, you get a cut based on your bracket. Tax cuts are usually extended over a long-term period.

A tax credit, though, is a deduction on your taxes when you meet a very specific requirement. The EITC is an example, it only applies to people making lower income. In addition, credits are usually more temporary.

Take a business. You're watching your balance sheets carefully and monitoring the flow of income. There are two scenarios:

-In the first case, we pass a tax cut. Let's use the Bush tax cuts in 2003. As a business, you're generally going to see that reduction as a better opportunity for longer-term growth because it is being extended for a long time.

-The other case is using Obama's tax credits. As a business, you're going to be seeing that credit as more of a way to gain some cash on the short side, provided that you qualify for the tax credit. But once that credit expires, the benefit towards expanding may not very good because you'll have to pay higher taxes on the rates returning to normal and again when you higher new employees, which means more payroll taxes. This means that if the business does hire, it may only do so on hiring temp work.

The funny thing I find all of this is that if credits supposedly boost the economy, then why not apply them to everybody? If $5,000 towards a tax credit for small business will hire more people, then why not apply them to all businesses?

Satanicus,

There is no Big Other.
    Last edited by Wei Wu Wei; 12-31-2010 at 02:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Doucheicus you'd better quit, when we we is making more sense then you its time to sound the retreat.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    All tax cuts should be made permanent. - except perhaps those who don't pay any taxes. They should actually have to pay some - you know - as VP Biden said, so they have some "skin in the game".
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    All tax cuts should be made permanent. - except perhaps those who don't pay any taxes. They should actually have to pay some - you know - as VP Biden said, so they have some "skin in the game".
    I love it when they say the rich have to payback to society for all society has giving them but what about the poor? everything they have has been handed to them by society.

F#$k biden he is the biggest douche ever to hold the VP position.

He has giving what like tops 3% of his earnings in any giving year to charity

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I am floored that NOBODY on the CU will answer this basic question.

Amazing nobody will say if tax cuts create jobs.

We all know why you fools can't answer .... Oh the shame.

I double dare ANYBODY to answer this question...

I predict that these stupid fucks will call this simple question a TRICK.

Imagine that , asking if tax cuts create jobs is a trick.

Yet here we are. CU members will post in this thread that they have answered the question , yet will never post a link or post a YES or NO to the question.

here is an idea , instead of posting insults , just post your answer to the threads question ...YES OR NO.

Mr. Key West!!!! How ya doing??? :D

I hope your new Bidness is doing well and thriving as POTUS and FL need your Tax Dollars.

I let you stay a member because people like ripping you apart even though you ignore that but alls good.

Clue for you in 2011, you might want to drop your one trick pony attitude and just join in on some other topics. :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    Name me one tax cut Zero has signed....
    That's what I say.
    I can't vote yes or no on keeping a non-thing that doesn't exist.