Thread: It's here.Dead fish cover 20-miles of Arkansas River,Thousands of birds fall from sky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm glad that once again you have something to crow about!:D
    Oh, yeah. It's just thrilling to have them back yanking the eyeballs out of roadkill.

For the past 2 weeks a flock of about 30 crows have been hanging around my property. I think they're here because I keep one bird bath de-iced during the winter. No good deed goes unpunished.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I keep one bird bath de-iced during the winter. No good deed goes unpunished.
    deice it with antifreeze.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It's aliens anyways. I saw the movie Signs. Bunch of birds flying head first in to an invisible ET and it's cronies then the birds drop like flies when they then find they can chirp out their butt holes.

4. #14 Thousands Of Fish Dead In Spruce Creek.... (Florida) 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. -- Thousands of dead fish are floating in Volusia County Tuesday. They were all in Spruce Creek in Port Orange. The fish kill is unusual, according to people who live along the creek, because it's warm. It's been a week since there were freezing temperatures, but there are fish lining the banks. Some said it's the worst kill they've ever seen; thousands of fish lined the twists and turns of Spruce Creek. The sheer number of fish and the smell were both overwhelming. "It was fun last night trying to sleep with the smell going on," said..

http://www.wftv.com/news/26367953/detail.html

WhiteWolf
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Maybe but wildlife really isn't a good vector for senior citizens since so few of them would come into contact with an infected animal. Stuff does happen to wildlife. When West Nile swept through Colorado, almost all the crows and their close cousins dropped dead. People were wringing their hands over a crow-less future. Three years later all the survivor crows had been "busy" and we're back to normal crow-wise.

Periodically, Coors kills off most of the fish in Clear Creek and a year later they are all back. ;)
    It sounds more to me like the person you replied to thought the Government might have been testing some new kind of weapon or something, and he was advocating using that weapon on baby boomers/ senior citizens to kill them off.

Very large' fish kill (2 million fish dead) reported in Chesapeake bay

State officials say they are investigating a "very large" fish kill in the Chesapeake Bay, but suspect cold temperatures killed them, rather than any water-quality problems.

An estimated 2 million fish have been reported dead from the Bay Bridge south to Tangier Sound, according to the Maryland Department of the Environment, which investigates fish kills. The dead fish are primarily adult spot, with some juvenile croakers. Agency spokeswoman Dawn Stoltzfus said bay water quality appears acceptable, and biologists believe "cold-water stress" the likely cause of the fish kill.

Spot are susceptible to colder water, she said, and normally leave the...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/features...,5624655.story

Swedish birds 'scared to death': veterinarian,rescue preparedness director, with dead bird in Falköping

A county veterinarian has speculated that the birds that fell from the sky in central Sweden on Tuesday may have been frightened by fireworks, then run over by a car after landing on the road in the dark.

Shortly before midnight on Tuesday, residents found 50 to 100 jackdaws on a street in Falköping southeast of Skövde. The incident echoed a number of unexplained incidents earlier this week across the southern US.

County veterinarian Robert ter Horst believes that the birds may have been literally scared to death by fireworks set off on Tuesday night.

"We have received information from local residents last night. Our main theory is that the birds were scared away because of the fireworks and landed on the road, but couldn't fly away from the stress and were hit by a car," he explained to The Local on Wednesday.

He added that they likely had difficulty orienting themselves in the dark and although they have received one report involving a vehicular collision with the birds, ter Horst believes they may have been hit by more.

"We will continue to look at whether there are other theories, but then we have to do an autopsy on the birds. The birds just now are in a car on the way to a laboratory in Uppsala. We don't know

"Jackdaws spend the night in trees in large flocks. If they are frightened, hundreds of birds could take flight at once," he told TT.

Wirdheim noted that the affected bird species in the US are also those who spend the night in large flocks. He added that the birds' situation may have aggravated because they are weakened.

"This winter has been unusually tough and jackdaws may be in poor condition. That makes it easier for them to fly into different objects. There is very little food in the wild compared with previous years and I see dying birds every day," he said.

Olov Andersson, the director of communications at the National Veterinary Institute (Statens veterinärmedicinska anstalt, SVA) in Uppsala, said the samples will arrive in several hours by delivery service depending on the weather.

He added that he hopes the animals are not crushed by car wheels or injured by cats and dogs. The animal carcasses will be examined anatomically. Bacterial and viral samples will be taken, as well as tests for avian flu.

"We may have results late on Friday or early next week," he said.

On New Year's Eve, an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 blackbirds tumbled from the sky on an Arkansas town shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve.

Separately, 500 birds plummeted to the ground 580 kilometres away in Louisiana on Monday and a Kentucky woman reported finding dozens of dead birds in her yard.

Speculation on the causes of the US bird deaths has ranged from fireworks, the weather, noxious fumes or a "sonic boom."

In addition, up to 100,000 dead and dying drum fish have washed up in the Arkansas River and tens of thousands of dead fish have been found in the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland.

http://www.thelocal.se/31262/20110105/
    COMMENTS:
    10:21 January 5, 2011 by loddfafnir
    Come on. It's gone more than 5 minutes and nobody has blamed this on Climate Change yet. You are slipping!
    Report abuse »
    10:24 January 5, 2011 by landofthesheeple
    Must be "End of Days", 2012 is right around the corner Ya ' know : ) lol
    Report abuse »
    11:09 January 5, 2011 by Brtahan
    Its fire crackers , they got scared and their heart stopped working.
    Report abuse »
    11:26 January 5, 2011 by Soft Boiled
    HELP! The immigrants are changing our climate!!
    Report abuse »
    11:28 January 5, 2011 by zooeden
    The most hillarious explanation I read was that they died of stress hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Oh my god I swear the guy that wrote that has issues Im thinking a guy cause if I write that it was a chick they delete my post hehehe...

2012 please make it happen!!!!
    Report abuse »
    11:56 January 5, 2011 by Trowbridge H. Ford
    I suspect that the most likely cause is that they died of hunger.

With this difficult winter, many birds are caught with little to eat, and go south in the hope of finding something, only to die on the way when one starts falling, they all do.

The solution, feed the birds wherever you are.
    Report abuse »
    12:06 January 5, 2011 by Tennessee Thunder
    Damn Trow,you surprise me.I figured you would say It was our super secret anti bird laser that we have on the back side of Mars and an errant proton beam aimed at Iran skipped off a super secret heat wave tower located on the moon,then landed here,,Damn we Americans can't get anything right.
    Report abuse »
    12:14 January 5, 2011 by RobinHood
    It's clearly to do with the conspiracy between the Zionists, Fascists, Falun Gong supporters and the aliens from planet Zark. As we approach the tenth anniversary of September 11, and the 2000th anniversary of the death of Christ, the Dark Council will strike again and again at the Earth's outer defences. This time it's the birds; soon it'll be the squirrels. When the flies start dropping like - well flies; that's the time to head for the South Pole and try and get a place on the Star Arks the Americans and Chinese are building down there using the mineral resources they are stealing from Afghanistan.

I am typing this wearing a hat I made from aluminium foil so they can't see what I am doing. I recommend you all make one. The instructions are here: http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
    Last edited by megimoo; 01-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.