Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1 "OMG They're Going To Make A Black Hole On Earth !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Tests clear way for "Big Bang" experiment

    GENEVA (Reuters) - Tests have cleared the way for the start-up next month of an experiment to restage a mini-version underground of the "Big Bang" which created the universe 15 billion years ago, the project chief said on Monday.

    Lyn Evans of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) said weekend trials in the vast underground LHC machine in which the particle-smashing experiment will take place over the coming months and years "went without a hitch."

    "We look forward to a resounding success when we make our first attempt to send a beam all the way round the LHC," said Evans, who heads the multinational team of scientists that shaped the project and the machine, the Large Hadron Collider.

    The final tests involved pumping a single bunch of energy particles from the project's accelerator into the 27-km (17-mile) beam pipe of the collider and steering them counter- clockwise around it for about 3 kms (2 miles).

    Earlier in the month a clockwise trial in the LHC -- which runs deep under French and Swiss territory between the Jura mountains and Lake Geneva -- had been equally successful, CERN said.

    The LHC team now plans to send a full particle beam all the way around the collider pipe in one direction on September 10 as a prelude to sending beams in both directions and smashing them together later in the year.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080825/...cience_cern_dc
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,915
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Tests clear way for "Big Bang" experiment

    GENEVA (Reuters) - Tests have cleared the way for the start-up next month of an experiment to restage a mini-version underground of the "Big Bang" which created the universe 15 billion years ago, the project chief said on Monday.

    Lyn Evans of the European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN) said weekend trials in the vast underground LHC machine in which the particle-smashing experiment will take place over the coming months and years "went without a hitch."

    "We look forward to a resounding success when we make our first attempt to send a beam all the way round the LHC," said Evans, who heads the multinational team of scientists that shaped the project and the machine, the Large Hadron Collider.

    The final tests involved pumping a single bunch of energy particles from the project's accelerator into the 27-km (17-mile) beam pipe of the collider and steering them counter- clockwise around it for about 3 kms (2 miles).

    Earlier in the month a clockwise trial in the LHC -- which runs deep under French and Swiss territory between the Jura mountains and Lake Geneva -- had been equally successful, CERN said.

    The LHC team now plans to send a full particle beam all the way around the collider pipe in one direction on September 10 as a prelude to sending beams in both directions and smashing them together later in the year.

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080825/...cience_cern_dc


    I think I saw this movie!!

    Thats all we need, a pin head with a theory to prove. Upside - it works, downside - we were never here.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I think I saw this movie!!

    Thats all we need, a pin head with a theory to prove. Upside - it works, downside - we were never here.
    Maybe they can distort space enough to send EyePuss Back Home ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,941
    "OMG They're Going To Make A Black Hole On Earth !"
    Don't we already have one of those? It's called Congress.:p
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member jeskibuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    I think I saw this movie!!

    Thats all we need, a pin head with a theory to prove. Upside - it works, downside - we were never here.
    Yes, I think I saw the same movie, but instead of:
    The final tests involved pumping a single bunch of energy particles from the project's accelerator into the 27-km (17-mile) beam pipe of the collider and steering them counter-clockwise around it for about 3 kms (2 miles).

    Earlier in the month a clockwise trial in the LHC...had been equally successful, CERN said.
    ...the dialogue went something like this:
    Soldier: Those lights are blinking out of sequence.
    Murdock: Make them blink in sequence.
    .
    .
    .
    Buck Murdock: Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap, will ya? We’ve all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking and beeping and flashing - they’re *flashing* and they’re *beeping*. I can’t stand it anymore! They’re *blinking* and *beeping* and *flashing*! Why doesn’t somebody pull the plug?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Don't we already have one of those? It's called Congress.:p
    Els for the win!
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Don't we already have one of those? It's called Congress.:p
    Now the Hippy freaks can levitate the Denver Mint and shake the dough loose !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Don't we already have one of those? It's called Congress
    *looks at keyboard and mutters vile curses under his breath*

    Elspeth..you are SO on my list...







    :D:D:D.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    *looks at keyboard and mutters vile curses under his breath*

    Elspeth..you are SO on my list...

    :D:D:D.
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •