Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Kind of a cultural disconnect there but Salisar and I were totally convinced that Muslims like ice cream.

Maybe we can use ice cream to bribe them into not bombing us?

The chick crewing this thing was a blue-eyed blonde in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Kind of a cultural disconnect there but Salisar and I were totally convinced that Muslims like ice cream.
    Okay, classically funny shit right there! :D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

This was an enormous mosque-shaped tent covered with huge photos. The basic point of this installation was to convince the Infidels that "Muslims Are Just Like Your Mom". The photos depicted Muslims eating ice cream, riding roller-coasters, and just doing all American stuff in Muslim outfits.

The chick crewing this thing was a blue-eyed blonde in shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Kind of a cultural disconnect there but Salisar and I were totally convinced that Muslims like ice cream.
    Here is some more on the tent

IRAN AND JIHAD CENTRAL AT THE DNC

What the media won't cover. This is the party of the jihad --it is. Of course there would be an Iranian propaganda tent, they got their ticket - Obama and Biden. The party of Ahmadinejad .Over at Looking at the Left: Iranian Potemkin Village at the DNC. BTW, el Marco has the best coverage of the real story- and it's not the story is not on the convention floor. The story is in the streets. and the not the mainstream media is not giving you any coverage on it. Inside the center is pablum. Theater of the absurd

At Civic Center, an exhibit called PICTURES OF YOU, a veritable Potemkin Village of how wonderful life is in Iran. Views from inside and outside Iranian propaganda tent.

4. #14 Jesus Saves But He Forgot About These Guys. 
    From the park we made our way to the 16th Street Mall and the Mall was hopping!

Every few feet we ran into a delegate or a cop. There were no homeless people there and it was strange to walk around without being aggressively panhandled by bums. However, there were plenty of bum-like vendors and a mean ventriloquist with a dummy that looked cursed to me.

The perennial religious dudes were also out in force and we saw this guy:

After another block or so we were commenting on the lack of violence and action in the crowd when a protester got into it with a Christian sign guy. This whole thing was staged, if you ask me. Police magically appeared and the protester got into it with them. Within a few seconds, the bike police, SWAT, and the horse police appeared. The bike police formed a protective circle around the hippy and the cop (both on the ground by now) while SWAT stopped the mall buses and got the crowd back. The horse police just looked really cool. We have video of all this and I'll post it later.

Meanwhile, the friends of the hippy were climbing on fire hydrants and screaming about their friend. Some loud chick just went on auto-rant and a totally different hippy went on this loud outburst concerning the first amendment.

That hippy ended his out burst by saying, "What do you think of that, Officer?" To which the SWAT guy replied, "More cowbell." :D

The police allowed the hippies to continue to shout at the Christians but not touch them. It was all very civilized

That hippy ended his out burst by saying, "What do you think of that, Officer?" To which the SWAT guy replied, "More cowbell." :D
    Priceless. :D

Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe we can use ice cream to bribe them into not bombing us?
    If you can find the ones who want to bomb you, the war is over. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Priceless. :D

Priceless is right...

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Did you see the bird pr0n people?

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Did you see the bird pr0n people?
    No, but we did see the tooth guy and Charles Rangel (not together, sadly):

Some random hippies:

The flower hippy was an interesting guy if you enjoy watching paint dray. We watched him for about 5 minutes and he never moved a muscle. Stay away from the brown acid, dude!

At the very end as we were waiting at a lonely bus stop all by ourselves we were approached by by about 40 anarchists:

We figured that about 95% of them couldn't buy a legal drink.