Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    some of us have lives outside of this forum you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    That means NOTHING.

    Those projections are for OLD programs.

    Both programs have been expanded and changed in many many ways, adding to their costs.
    Medicare and Medicaid projections are still valid to this day. Poli statement is correct that the CBO grossly underestimated costs. If you can not disprove it, you are either a liar or an idiot.

    The new health care bill will be expanded and changed in many ways which will increase costs. You have just made the point that the CBO figures for Medicare and Medicaid are bogus and costs have increased. Looks like you just got your ass kicked.

    How is the butt lube and bike wax working out for you. Your microwave must have broken. So, now you are putting in windows and doors in but your lazy ass is off today posting stupid shit.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    some of us have lives outside of this forum you know
    prove it
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Senior Member FBIGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    If I told you I'd have to kill you
    Posts
    290
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    He can't. He does not have the ability to deviate from his talking points.
    Libs who can't think for themselves always amuse me. This dickhead in particular provides more comic relief that just about any 20 DUers combined.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,205
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Medicare and Medicaid projections are still valid to this day. Poli statement is correct that the CBO grossly underestimated costs. If you can not disprove it, you are either a liar or an idiot.

    The new health care bill will be expanded and changed in many ways which will increase costs. You have just made the point that the CBO figures for Medicare and Medicaid are bogus and costs have increased. Looks like you just got your ass kicked.

    How is the butt lube and bike wax working out for you. Your microwave must have broken. So, now you are putting in windows and doors in but your lazy ass is off today posting stupid shit.
    Now do you people understand why I put this human pile of donkey feces on ignore?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Medicare and Medicaid projections are still valid to this day. Poli statement is correct that the CBO grossly underestimated costs. If you can not disprove it, you are either a liar or an idiot. .
    Today we are looking at a vastly expanded Medicare program , while you are looking at the original estimate from 40 years ago.

    Can you see the difference ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    4,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Because that's how it works.




    someone's been watching Fox News yesterday with keen attention (I was too). ;)


    Actually, no. This has been known since it passed - I THINK I made several references to it at the time, but that may have been on another forum.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Not Amused
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Today we are looking at a vastly expanded Medicare program , while you are looking at the original estimate from 40 years ago.

    Which is why the current cost of Medicare is way higher than the original estimates. It keeps getting expanded.
    ....You really don't see the irony of this statement, do you?
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Super Moderator BadCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    I think that's why he dissapeared for a few days. He had to go to his DNC handlers for more talking poins.
    He's about to disappear for a lot longer.

    rm -rf obama*
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    Today we are looking at a vastly expanded Medicare program , while you are looking at the original estimate from 40 years ago.

    Can you see the difference ?
    No. Government projections on large programs are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS understated/ underfunded and over budget. Name me a program that is not. Prove it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •