Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 106
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,332
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    My bad , I assumed since you took a position on the issue that you were actually informed on the issue. I am not here to spoon feed someone the details of the bill when they have already made their mind up about the bill.

    Go inform yourself you fucking idiot , I am not your mommy
    Hmmm, so you don't have any facts to back up your statement then. Just as I thought. As usual Stupidicus was hoping to Baffle with Bullshit beacuse he lacks the ability to Dazzle with Brilliance. And as usual total fail ensues.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    It's a fact that the GOP support and benifit from "government run healthcare"

    Simply a fact
    Prove it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Satanicus when you post a thread like this try to make the OP filled with all the facts you need. get links from multiple sources or graphs or quotes or whatever is needed for the topic. you already know how the more predictable posters here will respond so if you anticipate it all in your OP you can reduce a lot of this idiocy. fwi
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Satanicus when you post a thread like this try to make the OP filled with all the facts you need. get links from multiple sources or graphs or quotes or whatever is needed for the topic. you already know how the more predictable posters here will respond so if you anticipate it all in your OP you can reduce a lot of this idiocy. fwi
    LOL , Why would I do that ?

    Zath has NO idea what is in the bill and has taken a position against it. As if the text of the bill would change his mind..

    This is one of the most debated bills in history , providing links and facts won't change a thing.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    7,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    So , the exchange being set up will allow me to chose a private insurance policy that looks like the policies congress gets.

    The exchange is being called Obamacare , yet is the same deal congress gets , a choice of private insurance policies regulated by the government.

    The big question is WHY does the GOP want Obamacare for themselves , and not the people ?

    Obamacare has always been available to congress , but the GOP only objected when the people wanted what they already had.
    You make the same mistake all Liberals and other fools make. You equate insurance with care. The two things are not and will never be mutually inclusive. The fact is that 90% of Americans have insurance, so the insurance aspect of Obamacare is essentially rebuilding a car because it has a taillight out. In doing so layers of bureaucracy are added without adding meaningfully to the infrastructure of medical service providers (i.e. doctors, nurses, etc.) and, in fact, eroding that infrastructure by removing incentives for people to remain in or pursue those fields.

    At the end of the day, everyone will be insured, but not everyone will get equal care because those who can afford to do so will pay for superior care and get it. Japan's system offers an object lesson in this dynamic.

    Insurance ≠ Healthcare

    The end.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Prove it.
    congress gets health care benefits

    the health care bill was modeled after the congressional health care exchange program. it allows many individual members to be pooled together to negotiate lower rates, and offers a variety of private plans that compete with each other.

    it's similar to what the GOP and the Democrats in congress get for themselves and their families.

    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=congress+health+plan

    http://www.heritage.org/research/rep...wn-health-plan

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...nefits_Program
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,156
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Prove it.
    See wei wuu ...

    As if Policon doesn't know about the policies congress gets to chose from.

    In another thread policon said that if I can't provide a picture of the actual money in the Clinton surplus then it doesn't exist.

    If you think links and facts are gonna change a thing then you are a bit confused to say the least.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    You make the same mistake all Liberals and other fools make. You equate insurance with care.
    No they are not the same and nobody confuses these. The problem is that our system is arranged i nsuch a way that health care and health insurance go hand in hand.

    The two things are not and will never be mutually inclusive. The fact is that 90% of Americans have insurance, so the insurance aspect of Obamacare is essentially rebuilding a car because it has a taillight out. In doing so layers of bureaucracy are added without adding meaningfully to the infrastructure of medical service providers (i.e. doctors, nurses, etc.) and, in fact, eroding that infrastructure by removing incentives for people to remain in or pursue those field.
    Any large business uses the bureaucratic system, imagining that only governments do this is a fantasy.

    At the end of the day, everyone will be insured, but not everyone will get equal care because those who can afford to do so will pay for superior care and get it. Japan's system offers an object lesson in this dynamic.
    We already have a system where people who can afford it pay for superior pay and get it. The difference is currently many people cannot afford it and many people aren't even insured.

    Insurance ≠ Healthcare

    The end.
    Yes everyone knows that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Satanicus View Post
    See wei wuu ...

    As if Policon doesn't know about the policies congress gets to chose from.

    In another thread policon said that if I can't provide a picture of the actual money in the Clinton surplus then it doesn't exist.

    If you think links and facts are gonna change a thing then you are a bit confused to say the least.
    When you get to the point where you see that nothing you say, no amount of facts or reason or logic or knowledge will make a difference, it's time to take a break. They will only become more defensive and you will only become more frustrated.

    It's like a psychoanalyst trying to force someone to accept something about themselves that they are dead-set on not accepting. It cannot be done with force, or reason, or anything like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    gator
    Guest
    If your point is that all elected officials like the bennies they get from serving in Congress then it is a valid point.

    If your point is that Republicans support Obamacare then you are wrong.

    That filthy Obamacare bill is over 2,000 pages long and very few Democrats that voted it even bothered to read it so you are going to have to show us specifically where “Obamacare” is supported by the GOP.

    You do also understand that most Conservatives would do away with the tax payer supported privileges in Congress for all parties if they had the opportunity, don’t you?

    The Democrats did many stupid things while running the government for the last two years but I would like for you to explain to me why in a deficit budget that piece of shit Pelosi commandeered a gigantic airplane to fly her all across the country while the present GOP leader is willing to fly commercial.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •