Thread: Steak Diane

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    gator
    Mr. Patriot

On the way home from church today I stopped at the store and bought the ingredients to make real Steak Diane. We will have it for dinner tonight.

First off all I bought tenderloin filets as the recipe calls for. You omitted good ingredients like cream and mushrooms and the deglazing with Brandy. Ingredients that make the dish more like what is served in fine dining restaurants rather than what is served at Denny’s along the New Jersey Turnpike when they have leftover meat from chicken fried steak.

I was planning on kicking your ass by posting pictures of the dish and embarrassing you by showing you how to do it right. However, you are a good guy and you love your cooking and although you have a lot to learn you do not deserve to be embarrassed.

Out of respect to you I won’t rub it in. I’ll post a little picture after it is cooked just to show you that I made the dish but I won’t rub it in.

At least you are trying to learn. I’ll give you a “C” for effort. If you start listening to me more then I will help you to raise your score to “A”.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Mr. Patriot

On the way home from church today I stopped at the store and bought the ingredients to make real Steak Diane. We will have it for dinner tonight.

First off all I bought tenderloin filets as the recipe calls for. You omitted good ingredients like cream and mushrooms and the deglazing with Brandy. Ingredients that make the dish more like what is served in fine dining restaurants rather than what is served at Denny’s along the New Jersey Turnpike when they have leftover meat from chicken fried steak.

I was planning on kicking your ass by posting pictures of the dish and embarrassing you by showing you how to do it right. However, you are a good guy and you love your cooking and although you have a lot to learn you do not deserve to be embarrassed.

Out of respect to you I won’t rub it in. I’ll post a little picture after it is cooked just to show you that I made the dish but I won’t rub it in.

At least you are trying to learn. I’ll give you a “C” for effort. If you start listening to me more then I will help you to raise your score to “A”.
    "Come To My School And I'll Teach You How It's Done....Boy !"

Sounds like the opening 'salvo's ' to CU's Great American Food Challenge to me ?

The winning prize ?...An XL Green EGG .

gator
    We had the Steak Diane tonight and it was great.

I used the same basic recipe as Patriot but I made several very important improvements.

First of all I used tenderloin filets instead of pounding them out like you would do Country fried steak or something.

Second I added Congac to the broth.

Third of all I added cream.

Forth of all I added mushrooms.

The result was outstanding. No fancy pictures but here is the product.

Cooking the steaks:

Finished:

Good job Gator! I guess I did the whats in the fridge and pantry version! I'm sure yours was at least as tasty as mine!:D

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.