Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Birther Interrupts House Reading Of Constitution, Yells 'Help Us Jesus' 
    link

LOL. I don't approve of this behavior, but I think it's quite funny how the DUers were hero worshiping code pink when they were interrupting congress and hearings, and sticking blood soaked hands in
    Condi Rice's face. Then it was simply "protesting" and it was terrible that they were made to leave, much less arrested. Yet again they prove that they are hypocrites, and nothing more.
    alp227 (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-06-11 09:45 PM
    Original message
    Birther Interrupts House Reading Of Constitution, Yells 'Help Us Jesus'

Theresa Cao interrupted Rep. Frank Pallone (D-NJ) reading the provision in the Constitution requiring that presidents be natural-born citizens: she hollered: "Except Obama! Except Obama! Help us Jesus!" She got arrested. Dave Weigel at Slate broke this story.
    You can go to DU to watch the video if you wish.
    Weird Liberal Head (280 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-06-11 09:52 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. This is a sad day for America.

I can't wait till we kick the Republican Tea Party out of the House in 2012!
    You hope. And if so it will be just in time for a Republican Congress and President.
    The Wielding Truth Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-06-11 10:13 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    5. We never thought it could get this bad. This is so sad.
    Crowman1979 (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-06-11 09:55 PM
    3. Yipee! Even more crazies!

I haven't seen this many crazies released into the public since Reagan shut down all of the state-run mental institutions.
    DRex (414 posts) Thu Jan-06-11 10:11 PM
    4. These people are getting scary.

They really believe this crazy shit apparently, and there is so much violence-laced rhetoric coming from the RW. Some responsible Republican (HA!) has got to stand up and say that this BS is racism and ignorance and totally unacceptable.
    I mean, the Tea Party has no clear policy agenda, because they have no understanding of policy. It's just KLAN2.0. String 'em up like the good ole boys.
    Knock on wood, everybody.
    AsahinaKimi Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-06-11 10:19 PM
    7. I would imagine this is the beginning

And we will see more and more of this. Ever since people thought they could disrupt town meetings, by yelling, screaming, and fighting, it only seems natural they become more bold, in trying to interfere with Government procedures. I think we will see much more of this, after all you have Fox News, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh and others of the right wing, egging them on.

As for shutting down mental institutions, I believe that was during the Carter years.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    As for shutting down mental institutions, I believe that was during the Carter years.
    YUP. and it was the left who advocated for the rights of the loony to be loony in public. OH and they're not all shut down. There is still one in Polk Pa. - in fact it's the whole reason the town even exists.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Matt Lauer interviewed Boehner this morning and asked him about the 12 GOP legislators who have called for an inquiry into the birth certificate silliness. He said first that the State of Hawaii affirmed that the President was born there, and that is good enough for him. When Matt pressed him about the 12, he said something to the effect that he can't force people to change their opinions.

This is how Law-Making is supposed to be done, take notes people:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG6X-xtVask
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    YUP. and it was the left who advocated for the rights of the loony to be loony in public. OH and they're not all shut down. There is still one in Polk Pa. - in fact it's the whole reason the town even exists.
    Good luck getting those historical revisionists to admit that. Even my moonbat psych professor in college admitted that the Left decided that it was "cruel and unusual" to lock up the mentally disabled and sued to get them sprung free, but to hear it today, it was all Reagan's fault that mental cases roam the streets.

Buncha idiots.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post

It was part of a move to reform the mental health system, because of some of the horrific conditions in some states' hospitals. It became a political thing because state governments in the late 70s and 80s saw closing hospitals and putting people in privately-run adult foster care as a cheaper option than hospitalizing them.

Before the 70s, the mentally ill were frequently treated horrifically in many states' hospitals. A graphic example of that is the movie "Frances", starring Jessica Lange as the actress Frances Farmer. Frances' mother had her committed to a state hospital in Washington, with some cause. But the treatment of patients is even more graphically described in Frances' autobiography, Will There Ever Be A Morning. High doses of ECT, lobotomies, prostituting female patients, and the constant dehumanization of all the patients. We have better medications than Thorazine and chloral hydrate, these days, and ECT is only used on adults, with their consent, and in very low doses. They stopped using ECT on kids shortly after I began my career in 1987.

They also used to sterilize the patients in mental hospitals, without anyone's consent.

But it's not a Carter did it or Reagan did it issue, where one party or administration is to blame.

My dad had an older sister who had Down's Syndrome. She was confined to a state hospital her entire, short life. Does anyone really think she was better off there than she would have been at home, in today's world, with special education services to assist her and her family to love her? Michigan's institutions were not hell holes, either. We took good care of our mentally ill-we had more money than other states in the 40s and 50s, since we were "The Arsenal of Democracy". My dad said that they visited her in Lapeer once a month, and that it was a nice place, but his parents didn't think they could take good care of her at home.

The problem with the de-institutionalization movement was that they didn't consider that there were always going to be some patients who either refuse to take their medication, or for whom medication doesn't work, and who engage in dangerous behavior if they don't take their meds. Those patients are the ones who need to be hospitalized on a long-term basis.

Oy. Incredible these liars:
    They really believe this crazy shit apparently, and there is so much violence-laced rhetoric coming from the RW.
    Yeah. This is evident by all the spent tear gas casings, broken windows, and other property damage left after all the Tea Party marches...oh, wait.
    Some responsible Republican (HA!) has got to stand up and say that this BS is racism and ignorance and totally unacceptable.
    Um, yeah. Asking for a birth certificate is racism. And while we're on the subject of BS, I don't recall any "responsible Democrat" standing up and saying the forged Bush National Guard documents were ignorant nor any other of the countless examples one can give for irresponsible liberal behavior.
    I mean, the Tea Party has no clear policy agenda, because they have no understanding of policy. It's just KLAN2.0. String 'em up like the good ole boys.
    Uh huh. You mean the same Klan that was the strong arm of the Democratic party? The same Klan who "strung up" whites right next to blacks for being Republican? It amazes me how incredibly stupid these people really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty
    Well, these are the same people who hang the Vietnam War on Nixon when it was started under Kennedy and escalated under Johnson.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    This is how Law-Making is supposed to be done, take notes people:
    Wei, I remember that voting gone wild video when it first aired.
    West who is shown voting 4 times was my representative at the time.
    He's dead now. I couldn't believe it when I heard about it till I saw it
    with my own eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Good luck getting those historical revisionists to admit that. Even my moonbat psych professor in college admitted that the Left decided that it was "cruel and unusual" to lock up the mentally disabled and sued to get them sprung free, but to hear it today, it was all Reagan's fault that mental cases roam the streets.

Buncha idiots.
    I'm surprised they don't blame it on Bush!
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.