Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Another right-wing whack job who wants to kill because they dont agree with somebody.

Great image you guys got going...
    To pigeonhole a white nationalist/supremacist as a 'right winger' is like just reflexively calling environmental terrorists 'liberals'. Most conservatives, like most liberals, are actually semi-sensible people at their core, but the fact is that most families have 'black sheep': the off-the-wing individuals that we don't like to talk about or be associated with, because it makes the rest of us look bad. Myself, I'm the only non-Democrat in my entire living family. :D

Yes, 90+% of "racists" would probably describe themselves as conservatives, just like the people that torched those houses in Washington and California would probably call themselves liberals. However, your average Democrat voter isn't going to like arson and vandalism any more than the average Republican likes this plot against Senator Obama.

As Sonnabend pointed out, the murder of Senator Obama would be a stain on this country's history - this is America, not Venezuela. Personally, if I don't like someone - say a presidential candidate for example - the prospect of them losing the election beats their untimely death by a million to one. I, for one, am glad that the Senator is unharmed.
    Last edited by Troll; 08-26-2008 at 02:31 PM. Reason: grammar
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Eyelids
    Dont cite Sonnabend, he doesnt know anything about America. He's never even been here.

Patent Member
    Dont cite Sonnabend, he doesnt know anything about America. He's never even been here.
    We don't get outraged when you talk about Chicago...

Eyelids
    I only go to school here in Carbondale.

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    Allow them in with the general population in prison.

And I don't care what your feelings are about Obama, if he is assasinated now it will have negative repercussions for the nation for years.

Better to just beat him at the ballot box :D
    I agree...............
    Aint but three things in this world thats worth a solitary dime,
    But old dogs and children and watermelon wine.
    Tom T. Hall

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    UP to four people have been arrested over an alleged plot to kill Barack Obama at this week's Democratic convention.

Reports from Denver have said three or four men with possible links to a white supremacist group have been arrested and the plot had been to kill Senator Obama when he accepts the Democratic presidential nomination at the end of this week.

The reports say the men were found with guns, ammunition, a rifle scope, a bullet-proof vest and walkie-talkies.

One report says one of those arrested made threats against Senator Obama to police, but that some officials believe he might have just been causing a scene.

"It's premature to say that it was a valid threat or that these folks have the ability to carry it out. It could also turn out that these were nothing but a bunch of knuckleheads," officials were quoted as saying.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...012572,00.html

Whoever they are, please be my guest and lock them away in a cell that wont see daylight for a hundred years. Forget there ever was a key.

:mad::mad:
    You can tell the difference immediately between a conservative site and a liberal one because after looking at the replies about those who wanted to harm Obama the conservatives are against those who wanted to do it while if it had been a conservative who was threaten the liberals would have been all for it and issuing threats of their own.

Power CUer
    I heard these guys on the radio today. (KFI 640 Los Angeles--we get their signal here in SD) The one sounded like a stupid meth head. While they might have had the will, my guess is they wouldn't have gotten past the first cop. That's why they were assessed as a low threat and that one guy was given a bail of 10K.

Goldwater
    Another right-wing whack job who wants to kill because they dont agree with somebody.

Great image you guys got going...
    Assassinations aren't exclusive to right-wingers, Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    Assassinations aren't exclusive to right-wingers, Lee Harvey Oswald was a communist, remember?
    Don't hurt Lids' brain with a history lesson Goldwater...I'm sure his professors haven't indoctrinated him on what to think yet:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

You don't want to screw with his paradigm. That will cause more visits to a psych, and possible disruptive changes to medication.