1. #1 So I'm in a co-workers office today...of course he' a righty 
    link

MindPilot (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jan-07-11 08:27 PM
    Original message
    So I'm in a co-workers office today...of course he' a righty

Edited on Fri Jan-07-11 08:40 PM by MindPilot
    Young Conservatives' Reagan calendar on the wall, Internet shortcuts to Fox, WND, Drudge, etc. You get the picture. So I'm loading software and I have nothing to do but watch little blue bars roll across the screen. I happen to see some paperwork on the desk--mortgage statement, and a bunch of other papers relating to mortgage application. This guy has an interest-only loan for well over $300k and looking to get a "government-assisted" refi! Don't know for sure--damnit Jim I'm an IT guy not a PI guy!--but I strongly suspect he's upside down.

I hope at some point in the next few days to ask him why he needs GOVERNMENT HELP to buy a house? What happened to your personal responsibility? Bootstraps broke? Hmmm?

On edit: I should clarify...I don't think this qualifies as snooping since everything was out there right in the open; I didn't have to touch a single piece of paper or do anything but look. In fact it was kind of hard to NOT see.
    You just go ahead and ask him. Needle him and mock him while you are at it.

A few well placed words to the right people...."you know mindpilot...that IT guy...just a word of warning...don't leave your office when he is there and don't leave anything out....he snoops and can't keep his mouth shut".

It'll be the end of your job. But hey.....you were able to "stick it" to that "right winger".

I think this jerks employers wouldn't be amused to hear that their IT guy is spreading a co workers information around the internet...anon. as it is.
    butterfly77 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-07-11 08:32 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. Good work!
    Quantess Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-07-11 08:35 PM
    Response to Original message
    6. But if you say anything, he'll know you were snooping in his desk.
    MindPilot (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-07-11 08:37 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    8. Thats the part I have to finess

But truth is it was all out there in the open; I didn't have to touch anything.
    MindPilot (1000+ posts) Fri Jan-07-11 08:50 PM
    Response to Reply #15
    19. Yeah, but which is more unprofessional,

Me for looking at something that was unavoidably in front of my face, or him for conducting his personal business right out in the open at work?

Yea I know two wrongs don't make a right, but I also think that when dealing with conservatives, a couple of below the belt punches are not out of the question.
    MindPilot (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #18
    24. Most of the time I just don't see that stuff

But this one was kind of well, special.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Normally I'm not for hoping people lose their job but this "a special case"

Assuming any of this story is true, if I were the "winger", I'd make damn sure the whole company knew this POS reads things on your desk.

Mindless, you're an untrustworthy piece of scum and I hope you get what's coming to people who act like you did. Assuming any of this really happened. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

So I'm in a co-workers office today...of course he' a righty
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Normally I'm not for hoping people lose their job but this "a special case"

Assuming any of this story is true, if I were the "winger", I'd make damn sure the whole company knew this POS reads things on your desk.

Mindless, you're an untrustworthy piece of scum and I hope you get what's coming to people who act like you did. Assuming any of this really happened. :D
    I find a great deal of the "I knew a guy who...." story telling on the internet to be suspect, such that when someone calls me a liar on my stories, I tend to ignore it, because I understand that I'm surrounded by liars. Whether it's a liberal who has found the perfect Republican hypocrite at the next desk, or the WWII fighter pilot and millionaire industrialist who converts youth to the GOP while gassing up the Winnebago in Portland... it's all a little convenient.

I don't know anyone with a $300,000 interest only loan, do you? I also don't know anyone who leaves his personal finances out on his desk at work. Hell, I don't leave them out at home. I don't want to see them myself. :)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I find a great deal of the "I knew a guy who...." story telling on the internet to be suspect, such that when someone calls me a liar on my stories, I tend to ignore it, because I understand that I'm surrounded by liars. Whether it's a liberal who has found the perfect Republican hypocrite at the next desk, or the WWII fighter pilot and millionaire industrialist who converts youth to the GOP while gassing up the Winnebago in Portland... it's all a little convenient.

I don't know anyone with a $300,000 interest only loan, do you? I also don't know anyone who leaves his personal finances out on his desk at work. Hell, I don't leave them out at home. I don't want to see them myself. :)
    Hey, some of the tales are half way believable but this one is probably pure fantasy.

But hey, ya never know...:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

I always love how IT trolls consider themselves the equals of the real employees. :D Captain Peacock always had similar problems with Mr. Mash.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.