Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I was just over at the DUmp 
    Predictable is all I can say.

Here is a link to their General Discussions forum.

Almost every single thread is either a conspiracy about the shooting, how it is the Tea Party's fault or how they wish they could eliminate every gun in the world type of threads.

DUmmies, lets get one thing straight. Their isn't a single, sane person in the world that wants our political leaders dead on either side of the aisle. That means all of your hateful posts just continue to make you look like the fools we know you to be.

We have come to a time, that when something tragic like this happens, the first thing people like them do is to rush to find some political use for this senseless act of violence.

You can almost feel their hearts beating faster, the thinly disguised joy that simmers beneath the surface as they gleefully seek out some wragged thread to tie this to their own personal hatreds.

They care more about possibly causing damage to tea partiers, or radio commentators or particular politicians they loathe, than they care about the poor victims in this massacre.
    And that is proof that they've lost their souls.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    They never waste a good crisis, do they?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Predictable is all I can say.

Here is a link to their General Discussions forum.

Almost every single thread is either a conspiracy about the shooting, how it is the Tea Party's fault or how they wish they could eliminate every gun in the world type of threads.

DUmmies, lets get one thing straight. Their isn't a single, sane person in the world that wants our political leaders dead on either side of the aisle. That means all of your hateful posts just continue to make you look like the fools we know you to be.
    I am surprised at the number of individual threads on the subject. I guess I shouldn't be.

This post sort of sums up the thought of many over there.

theothersnippywshrub Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jan-08-11 08:10 PM

Response to Reply #16

41. Bush's grammar, Palin's syntax, Limbaugh's logic and Cheney's penchant for shooting people.

How very Republican.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...mesg_id=144074

Thus I rest my case that these people politicize everything and I do mean everything.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Here's another one from the same thread.
    backscatter712 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jan-08-11 10:32 PM
    Response to Original message
    28. I'm betting he's schizophrenic.

He's talking in word-salad, using repeated phrases, bizarre associations only he can understand, tied together with what he would call logic, but deeply flawed logic in the real world.

Hence my assertion in another thread that Loughner is but the murder weapon, and that the people in the right-wing hate machine: Sarah Palin, Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, etc. etc. etc. are the real murderers.
    And of course if that COULD be true then it is JUST AS LOGICAL that DU instigated it with their hatred of "blue dog democrats". (Some people who knew him said that they had always seen him as a lefty.)

For myself, I think he's schizophrenic or has some other kind of mental illness. It has nothing to do with non existent "hatred" by conservatives nor the very real hatred that some liberals go on and on about claiming that they are justified because it's "true" or the conservative somehow "deserves it".

They show again and again that they are all about hatred of anyone who is different than they are. This is just one more example of that.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    We have come to a time, that when something tragic like this happens, the first thing people like them do is to rush to find some political use for this senseless act of violence.

You can almost feel their hearts beating faster, the thinly disguised joy that simmers beneath the surface as they gleefully seek out some wragged thread to tie this to their own personal hatreds.

They care more about possibly causing damage to tea partiers, or radio commentators or particular politicians they loathe, than they care about the poor victims in this massacre.
    And that is proof that they've lost their souls.
    The people at DU and similar boards (this one, Free Republic, etc...) are by and large no more politically effective than their single votes.

I think that some people, various people, whether they stated it or not, were hoping the shooter was someone they could feel apart from, someone who confirmed their beliefs about the ultimate extension of opposing ideas they view as destructive.

And some people are simply more single minded and malevolent than we can imagine.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Thus I rest my case that these people politicize everything and I do mean everything.
    I think that people look for confirmation of their impressions and beliefs. I went to dinner with my mother tonight, and on the way she was edging into a "guns are bad" meme. Mind you, this is a intelligent 82 year old woman who owns a S&W revolver and isn't usually given to hypocrisy.

SO we went one round with "that kind of gun". So I told her there was nothing special about the gun, that our friend Patty had fired one at the range with me, and our friend Greg keeps one in his car.

Then she started in on her recently deceased brother, and how my nephew had been allowed to play in a bedroom which had guns in it. So I reminded her that the whole time I was a little kid her father had had a revolver on his dresser.

So she got off the gun thing. The point being, that some people just reach out and grab at explanations, and some of them think outl oud.

He was unquestionably completely insane.
    However, the DUmmies' assertion that he is a conservative Tea Partier is, unsurprisingly, a total crock. His friends' remarks and his own writings have stated he is an ultra- liberal, a pothead, a fan of the repulsively talentless underground punk band Anti- Flag, a conspiracy theorist who seems to specialize in conspiracies relating to mind control, considers the Communist Manifesto one of his favorite books, and deeply hates cops.
    In plain English, I can sum it all up with one simple question: What do you think his DU name is?