1. #1 My response to right wing co-worker re: Rep. Gifford's shooting 
    link

Mortos (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Jan-09-11 01:38 AM
    Original message
    My response to right wing co-worker re: Rep. Gifford's shooting

I posted on facebook the news of the shooting earlier today and stated there is a consequence to the heated political rhetoric of people like Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin and subsequent action. It didn't take long for some of my right wing friends to take exception to my remarks.

RW co-worker:

I find it interesting that while we know almost nothing about the assailant some are already attributing his motivation to "heated political rhetoric" in an attempt to spin against conservatives. From the limited information I've read about... the shooter it seems he is an anti-religion dope head who was rejected by the military and was "obviously very disturbed" according to one college classmate.

Rep. Gifford is a former Republican who has supported border security and gun rights, who voted against Nancy Pelosi for Speaker, and who has a husband that is active duty Naval Officer (assigned to NASA). Sounds like she could draw fire from some of the wacko left too...oh wait, is that inflammatory political speech that is going to cause her to actually "draw fire?"

How about we just agree this is a horrible tragedy, no matter which side of the political aisle you're on, and quit trying to score political points while she's still on the operating table.

My response:

By some, you mean me. Just say me.

I am not going to back off the assertion that there is a correlation between rhetoric encouraging people to "assert their second ammendment rights,"water the tree of liberty with the blood of patriots," "Don't Tread on Me," "Don't retreat, reload," and Glen Beck's paranoid ramblings about a new world order and President Obama brainwashing children.

Was this guy crazy? It appears so. But that doesn't preclude the probability that his psychosis was either seeded or re-enforced by the self serving, politically and financially motivated ramblings of right wing politicians and pop stars who tiptoed along a line between free speech and encouraging violent revolution.

Rep. Giffords windows were shot out and she received hundreds of threatening phone calls after she voted for health care reform.

When her 75 year old father was asked if she had any enemies, he responded, "Yeah, the whole tea party."

I agree it is a horrible tragedy but time and time again, it is a tragedy that consistently ends up with Democrats and liberals as victims and right wingers piously praying for the same people they demonized and dehumanized.
    MrModerate Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-09-11 01:48 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. You might also point out that the "wacko left" -- defined as followers of . . .

Daily Kos and Mike Malloy -- simply don't threaten their political opponents with death by firing squad, which is very, very, very, very, very common among Becksnots and Limbaughterians.
    Really? Liberals have their head in the sand and they LIE, LIE, LIE.

http://rightwingnews.com/#post24712

The extreme website Talking Points Memo also jumped into the blame Palin game by pointing out the Palin PAC target image without mentioning that the DailyKos and the DNC also used the same imagery. As the good folks at Verum Serum noted back in March, Giffords' district was marked with a target on the webpage of the Democratic National Committee during the late midterm elections.

There’s more. CNN's Piers Morgan also immediately tried to equate Sarah Palin to this incident. On his Twitter feed Morgan linked Palin's political action committee work from months ago to this shooting saying, "This now deleted image from Sarah Palin website will be reason this terrible shooting has huge political ramifications." The image was Palin's map of the U.S. that showed states where incumbents were vulnerable for challenge, the image used to identify those states contained a target motif. Morgan was trying to equate a political campaign to an act of murder.

Another left-leaning website agreed with Morgan that the Palin campaign image was somehow relevant to an action taken months later by a man not obviously connected to any political campaign. These leftists are trying with all their might to link Palin to this crime despite that there isn't a shred of evidence at this time that there is any connection whatsoever.

Yet, even as Sullivan, Morgan and their pals tried to smear Sarah Palin with this attack, they correspondingly ignored the DailyKos website that went on a deletion binge trying to wipe away all the foul attacks by its members on Gabrielle Gifford.

One DailyKos post, originally seen at this address, said that Gabrielle Gifford was "dead to me." The headline of the piece read: "My CongressWOMAN voted against Nancy Pelosi! And is now DEAD to me! " The posting went on to complain about Giffords. Tellingly, DailyKos has sent this post down the memory hole.

Not only that, but Kos himself said that Gabrielle Giffords was on a "target list" of politicians he wanted to get rid of. Naturally, the Sullivans and Morgans of the leftward Old Media have ignored this fact.
    So, A DailyKos post said that Giffords was "dead to him" and Kos said that she was on a "target list of politicans he wanted to get rid of. And the DNC site listed her state as one they were "targeting" with a depiction of a target. http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647

Sounds pretty threatening to me.

And all the vitriol against "blue dog democrats" that DU spews on an almost daily basis isn't "hate speech"?

They make fools of themselves, but they think that they are "winning" with this kind of hate and rhetoric. People see through it.......just see the election results for 2010. Obama carries much of the blame, but the liberal politicians and the liberal blogs and their over the top rhetoric carry the rest of the blame.

Oh, and Mortos, now your "right wing co worker" knows what a loon you are if he or she didn't know before.
    Last edited by Carol; 01-09-2011 at 02:26 AM.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

Really? Liberals have their head in the sand and they LIE, LIE, LIE.

So, A DailyKos post said that Giffords was "dead to him" and Kos said that she was on a "target list of politicans he wanted to get rid of. And the DNC site listed her state as one they were "targeting" with a depiction of a target. http://www.verumserum.com/?p=13647

Sounds pretty threatening to me.

And all the vitriol against "blue dog democrats" that DU spews on an almost daily basis isn't "hate speech"?

They make fools of themselves, but they think that they are "winning" with this kind of hate and rhetoric. People see through it.......just see the election results for 2010. Obama carries much of the blame, but the liberal politicians and the liberal blogs and their over the top rhetoric carry the rest of the blame.

Oh, and Mortos, now your "right wing co worker" knows what a loon you are if he or she didn't know before.
    It's pure propaganda time on the left now.He tried to kill her because she wasn't far enough left .
    It all depends on how smart the American public really are but after electing and supporting Obamas I have little hope in that regard.

The left is ALWAYS calling for the deaths of people they disagree with. My wife worked with a lady a few years back that said if she was ever diagnosed with a terminal illness she would have done in Bush because she wouldn't have anything to lose and people there applauded her and agreed. I also love how this guy is being labeled a conservative when his favorite books he listed on his youtube account are the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I also love how this guy is being labeled a conservative when his favorite books he listed on his youtube account are the Communist Manifesto and Mein Kampf.
    But he also went off in a big way on the currency not being backed by gold, which is a loony-right topic.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Sonnabend
    Given Kos and DU's disgusting and revolting behaviour towards Pres Bush for EIGHT FUCKING YEARS, they can shove it.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    But he also went off in a big way on the currency not being backed by gold, which is a loony-right topic.
    Perhaps. Seems to me like the guy is an anarchist.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

13. Unfortunately they are saying what they know from their sources...

They do not have the research and analysis that is available here on DU.
    Ahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahaha!

MrModerate Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jan-09-11 01:48 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. You might also point out that the "wacko left" -- defined as followers of . . .

Daily Kos and Mike Malloy -- simply don't threaten their political opponents with death by firing squad, which is very, very, very, very, very common among Becksnots and Limbaughterians.
    I guess you idiots have wiped from memory the outright call for Bush's assassination by Randi Rhodes.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Sonnabend
    I guess you idiots have wiped from memory the outright call for Bush's assassination by Randi Rhodes.
    And DU.