Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Funeral of 9-Year-Old Tucson Shooting Victim 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Speaking of hatred that knows no bounds or party affiliation, the Westboro Baptist Church, famous for picketing the funerals of slain members of the American military, has announced plans to disrupt the funeral of the youngest of yesterday’s shooting victims, 9-year-old Christina Greene.

The child was among the six fatalities that resulted from a shooting spree in Tucson by Jared Lee Loughner that left Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords hospitalized with a brain injury. Christina, who was the granddaughter of former Philadelphia Phillies manager Dallas Green, had just been elected to the student council at school. She wanted to attend the event to see real government in action.

Westboro’s founder, Fred Phelps has run in several Kansas Democratic Party primaries, but has never won. In his most successful bid, as a candidate for the U.S. Senate in 1992, he received 31 percent of the vote.

http://hotair.com/greenroom/archives...ooting-victim/

Sick bastards.

Fabulous Poster
    I wonder if the Phelps family will let us know when Fred dies. His funeral ought to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I wonder if the Phelps family will let us know when Fred dies. His funeral ought to be interesting.
    At the risk of being accused of fomenting hate and inciting violence, I'd like to see them drop a JDAM on his funeral.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I wouldn't be shocked if someone hastened his funeral(not that I'd agree with that)

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    what the fuck is wrong with this idiot? seriously? picket the funeral for a girl? her life was bracketed by 2 of the America's worst days. bad enough he goes to solider's funerals, but this is just wrong.

The absolute best thing that can happen in that case would be for everyone who can't stand this piece of shit is for each and every one of us to go to the funeral, and express our condolences for their loss. In a kind, caring way. Showing them what real Christianity is all about. That would be a kick in their nuts.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The absolute best thing that can happen in that case would be for everyone who can't stand this piece of shit is for each and every one of us to go to the funeral, and express our condolences for their loss. In a kind, caring way. Showing them what real Christianity is all about. That would be a kick in their nuts.
    Hear Hear!
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11...stboro/?hpt=C2

Tucson, Arizona (CNN) -- Tucson just isn't that kind of town, says Christin Gilmer.
    Gilmer is referring to the actions of Westboro Baptist Church of Topeka, Kansas, which has made its name protesting the funerals of people who died of AIDS, gay people, soldiers and even Coretta Scott King.
    But when the church announced its intention to picket the funeral of a 9-year-old girl -- one of six people who died Saturday during the attempted assassination of U.S. Rep. Gabrielle Giffords -- Gilmer and others put their feet down.
    Tucson is a "caring, loving, peaceful community," according to Gilmer, who said two of the six people killed were friends.
    "For something like this to happen in Tucson was a really big shock to us all," she said. "Our nightmare happened when we saw Westboro Baptist Church was going to picket the funerals."They're planning an "angel action" -- with 8- by 10-foot "angel wings" worn by participants and used to shield mourners from pickets. The actions were created by Coloradan Romaine Patterson, who was shocked to find the Topeka church and its neon signs outside the 1999 funeral of Matthew Shepherd, a young gay man beaten and left on a fence to die in Laramie, Wyoming.
    "We want to surround them, in a nonviolent way, to say that our community is united," Gilmer said. "We're a peaceful haven.
    "You don't mess with Tucson," said Gilmer, 26, who described it as "a little dot of blue in a sea of red."
    But political persuasions don't matter, she said. Republicans, Democrats, independents, right, left and center -- they've all offered their support. Forty-two people have signed up on a Facebook page called "Build Angel Wings for the Westboro Funeral Counter-Protest and Meeting," and more than 4,500 have signed up on another page to "Show Support for the Families of the Tucson Shooting Victims."
    Fortunately someone is going to stand up to these idiots

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/US/01/11...stboro/?hpt=C2

Fortunately someone is going to stand up to these idiots
    They are nothing more than a bunch of pussies. They were coming to a soldiers funeral in Thomasville, Ga. Word has it that they send scouts a few days before the funerals to see how the locals will take it. The scouts came back and told them south GA wasn't a good place to pull their shit. They didn't show.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad