1. #1 LOL! Someone is living dangerously. 
    How is "Repuke" any different from "Ni***r"?

Speck Tater (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-10-11 12:31 PM
    Original message
    How is "Repuke" any different from "Ni***r"?

I can't even bring myself to type the N-word, it being so distasteful to me. Why? because is degrades, demeans and dehumanizes a fellow human being. Certainly we wouldn't be comfortable using any of the other derogatory words we know for gays, paraplegics, Mexicans, Irish, Downs Syndrome kids, Cerebral Palsy victims, ... etc.

How are words like "Repuke" any different? Such word degrade, demean and dehumanize fellow human beings.

Let's look at this from a purely pragmatic point of view. As long as we continue to insult and demean our political opponents we share the blame for the atmosphere of hostility in the nation. If we always treat our political opponents with dignity and respect then when the American public finally gets sick of all the anger and hostility it will be abundantly clear to everyone that it is ALL coming from one side, and one side only; the Republicans.

But if we continue to treat them with disrespect then the finger of blame can be pointed at us too. We only have one choice to make. We can either to treat our opponents with respect and dignity and thus avoid any and all of the blame, or we can continue to sling insults and by doing so, agree to get down in the mud with them, and to share the blame with them.

If you don't want to share the blame then hold yourself to a higher standard than them.

(WWGD: What Would Gandhi Do?)

But if you insist on continuing the use of words like "Repuke" then at least be consistent by also using words like "Faggot", "Crip", "Beaner", "Wet Back", "Mick", Dago", "Wop", "Retard", "Spaz", and the N-word. In other words, if you insist on using "Repuke" then don't be a hypocrite about it; go ahead and demean EVERYBODY that's not exactly like you.

(Now I will wait for the inevitable justifications why "Repuke" is OK but "Faggot" is not. Step right up. Who wants to be the first to publicly declare their hypocrisy?)
    :eek:

ProudToBeBlueInRhody (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-10-11 12:32 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Jesus, delete your post now

Seriously.
    HHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAHAAHH!!!!

Warren Stupidity (1000+ posts) Mon Jan-10-11 12:34 PM
    Response to Original message
    17. Are you out of your mind?

besides I prefer rebagnut, which is perfectly descriptive of the actual state of the Republican Party and its adherents.
    LOL! Destined for greatness.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Epic find!:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

They locked it but so would we for the same reason.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

May Speck's blindfold be made of the finest silk and be given the finest dunhill's to smoke for his tombstoning. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

LOL! Destined for greatness.
    These are the same people who think that "illegal alien" is racist and offensive.

These are the same people who think that opposition to Islam is racist, some because they are too stupid to know that Arabs are caucasians, others because they are too stupid to know that Muslims come in all colors, unfortunately.

These are the same people who think that "negro" is offensive, but "white people" isn't, and that European, African, and Asian are races.

These are the same people who think that caucasians have no business being in South Africa, that Israelis are Europeans who have stolen "palestine" from its rightful owners, but that the French, Italians, and Greeks have no right to refuse mass immigration from Turkey and Africa.

Assholes to my left, assholes to my right, why can't everyone be as intelligent and objective as me?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    May Speck's blindfold be made of the finest silk and be given the finest dunhill's to smoke for his tombstoning. :p

~QC
    Every now and then, a cigarette sounds yummy. This despite my knowing that it's been so long that if I were to smoke a cigarette right now I'd probably feel like I were having a stroke.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    These are the same people who think that "illegal alien" is racist and offensive.

These are the same people who think that opposition to Islam is racist, some because they are too stupid to know that Arabs are caucasians, others because they are too stupid to know that Muslims come in all colors, unfortunately.

These are the same people who think that "negro" is offensive, but "white people" isn't, and that European, African, and Asian are races.

These are the same people who think that caucasians have no business being in South Africa, that Israelis are Europeans who have stolen "palestine" from its rightful owners, but that the French, Italians, and Greeks have no right to refuse mass immigration from Turkey and Africa.

Assholes to my left, assholes to my right, why can't everyone be as intelligent and objective as me?

Cuz you're Special, Noble Mon. ;)
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!