Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Auburn wins 22-19.... Quack Quack. Newton did not show me that much as a potential QB in the pros. Look what happened to Vick the last couple of games. A pro running QB is going to take some big blows. Newton took some shots; looked like he was in some pain.

Congrats to Auburn. Way to go SEC.

I heard something on the radio today and that in all the years the National Championship was decided when it was just the AP poll, the only Pac-10 team to win the national title was USC. That is astounding.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    What I would love to hear today is that Mark Cuban or someone of his ilk is setting up a "Put up or shut up" REAL national title game for next Monday night. Auburn vs. TCU.

The BCS is a complete fraud. As much as I enjoyed attending the Rose Bowl, the entire system is fraudulent.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

This will be the best season for Auburn that never happened. Just like the Reggie Bush years.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    This will be the best season for Auburn that never happened. Just like the Reggie Bush years.
    Chizik and Newton are both slimeballs. I fully expect Newton to be giving back that Heisman within 3 years. Same with Gene and all his "Coach of the Year" trophies, not to mention the BCS title.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Chizik and Newton are both slimeballs. I fully expect Newton to be giving back that Heisman within 3 years. Same with Gene and all his "Coach of the Year" trophies, not to mention the BCS title.
    He's a good kid. He just got kicked out at FLORIDA!!! Do you know how hard that is? He got caught cheating on several exams and stole a computer, but he's a good kid.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    What I would love to hear today is that Mark Cuban or someone of his ilk is setting up a "Put up or shut up" REAL national title game for next Monday night. Auburn vs. TCU.

The BCS is a complete fraud. As much as I enjoyed attending the Rose Bowl, the entire system is fraudulent.
    Playoffs are the ONLY way to go. Period.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I agree completely. And wouldn't that be cool to watch? I'd love it.

It would also make a lot more bowl games actually mean something if they were a part of the playoff system. Course, then we'd be bitching about who did and didn't make the playoffs and how one team was seeded over another. it would be glorious.

Bring on the Playoffs.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    I agree...but the BCS is a bunch of fucktards that have their heads up their asses.

Every other level of College sports has a playoff system, whats so special about Division 1 Football that they can't have one?

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I agree...but the BCS is a bunch of fucktards that have their heads up their asses.

Every other level of College sports has a playoff system, whats so special about Division 1 Football that they can't have one?
    Money. That's my guess anyway.

Thing is, I think a playoff system could be just as good for the schools and the networks and bowls, at least money wise.

But somehow I think money is at the root of all this....

The love of Money is the root of all....football?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!