1. #1 "Chinese Judge 'Kidnaps' American Businessman Over Contract Dispute !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    China bars O.C. businessman from returning home, citing contract dispute

A businessman from Orange County said Chinese government officials have prohibited him from leaving China for the last four days, saying he must resolve a contract dispute with a Chinese supplier before they’ll let him return to the United States.

Horowitz said he called a judge at the direction of Chinese immigration officials and was told he would need to settle the case, filed by an exporting company in the city of Fuzhou, before he would be allowed to fly home.

The supplier, Fuzhou Trading Co., is seeking payment for a shipment of blenders that Horowitz’s company, On the Edge Marketing Inc., sold briefly in the United States, Horowitz said. The Chinese company’s owner demanded $250,000 to settle the contract dispute before he’d direct the judge to let him leave, Horowitz said. Officials with Fuzhou Trading could not be reached for comment.

Horowitz said he has been staying in hotels while his wife, Tammy, has scrambled at home to drain retirement accounts, liquidate their daughter’s college fund and borrow from friends and relatives. She is preparing to wire the money to China, Horowitz said.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...-horowitz.html

Deal with the devil and you can get burned.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I read " to 'sup' with the devil you need a long handled spoon."

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    I think the deal is most businesses won't have any trouble, but they waste one every now and then to remind the rest to stay honest.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Fabulous Poster
    I think the deal is most businesses won't have any trouble, but they waste one every now and then to remind the rest to stay honest.
    All my life, I was told to "consider the source and make allowances."

Here you have a US businessman trying to make it playing on the edge with a product like a Made In China gasoline powered blender that's good for tailgate parties.

I sometimes wonder what the Chinese workers must think of America, when they see the crap that we buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    All my life, I was told to "consider the source and make allowances."

Here you have a US businessman trying to make it playing on the edge with a product like a Made In China gasoline powered blender that's good for tailgate parties.

I sometimes wonder what the Chinese workers must think of America, when they see the crap that we buy.
    They probably have a coal fired steam model!:D

It's not a question of dishonesty as I read It.The Chinese company made blenders and this guy sold them in the US.The blenders didn't sell and now the guy is back in China looking for another company to represent .The original blender mfg goes to a Chinese Judge to demand that he pay for the blenders that he couldn't sell.The judge pulls this guys exit visa and demands that he pay a quarter of a million or he stays in China.........The lesson learned is to stay away from primitive countries that mix, for sale local laws with free trade.

It's not a question of dishonesty as I read It.The Chinese company made blenders and this guy sold them in the US.The blenders didn't sell and now the guy is back in China looking for another company to represent .The original blender mfg goes to a Chinese Judge to demand that he pay for the blenders that he couldn't sell.The judge pulls this guys exit visa and demands that he pay a quarter of a million or he stays in China.........The lesson learned is to stay away from primitive countries that mix, for sale local laws with free trade.
    There's another issue, which is that the Chinese government has a hand in most of these businesses. It's hardly a free economy. When you do business with the government, your "partner" has the power to use force against you. This is a shakedown, pure and simple.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!