Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Most women probably would like a mix of the intellectual stimulation of a job, as well as the monetary rewards, with adequate time to spend with the kids. It's not always attainable.
    I had the best of both. I always owned my own business, so my son either went
    with me to the office, or I had flexible enough hours to work from home. I never
    missed any of his school events.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    Who wouldn't, man or woman, want to spend more time with their children if money were not an issue?
    Married straight guys.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Wouldnt life get boring without a job or kids? Well on the plus side women like that may have the poolboy to keep her company ;)
    nails
    hair
    shopping
    lunch
    dinner
    gym
    pilates
    yoga
    horseback riding
    hospital day
    sunshine sisters
    junior league
    country club ladies aux
    work at the thrift shop
    business trip with husband
    plan cousin's wedding
    altar guild
    SPCA adoption event
    kennel club
    equestrian club
    go to Palm Beach

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    nails
    hair
    shopping
    lunch
    dinner
    gym
    pilates
    yoga
    horseback riding
    hospital day
    sunshine sisters
    junior league
    country club ladies aux
    work at the thrift shop
    plan cousin's wedding
    altar guild
    SPCA adoption event
    kennel club
    equestrian club
    go to Palm Beach

While i'm sure you love doing all of those activities, I'd think they get boring after a while

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I had the best of both. I always owned my own business, so my son either went
    with me to the office, or I had flexible enough hours to work from home. I never
    missed any of his school events.
    Actually I had a similar situation. I was in outside sales, so always made those school events. I was just out on a "sales call". :D

My hours were flexible, but the pressure to produce good sales numbers was a constant. It just meant that I had to work smarter to be able to have time for the kids and keep my job. I guess I did OK with a 23 year tenure with one company, 4 with another and 2 with the worst to work for, Xerox.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    nails
    hair
    shopping
    lunch
    dinner
    gym
    pilates
    yoga
    horseback riding
    hospital day
    sunshine sisters
    junior league
    country club ladies aux
    work at the thrift shop
    plan cousin's wedding
    altar guild
    SPCA adoption event
    kennel club
    equestrian club
    go to Palm Beach
    Sounds about right, along with museum/historic site docent. I have no idea what "Sunshine Sisters" are, and they bounce you out of Junior League when you're 32. And they bounce you HARD.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    While i'm sure you love doing all of those activities, I'd think they get boring after a while
    Why would anybody get bored doing things they love? That doesn't make any sense.

But even women who aren't interested in the social and volunteer demands of an upper middle class lifestyle can still derive a lot of enjoyment from running a home, socializing, working on hobbies or volunteer activities, and other non-paid things.

A lack of children shouldn't define a woman's existence anymore than the lack of a husband should.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    But even women who aren't interested in the social and volunteer demands of an upper middle class lifestyle can still derive a lot of enjoyment from running a home, socializing, working on hobbies or volunteer activities, and other non-paid things.
    And knitting. Don't forget knitting. I'm currently planning a trip to Reykjavik to see friends, and I'm going to hit every yarn store in town.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    And knitting. Don't forget knitting. I'm currently planning a trip to Reykjavik to see friends, and I'm going to hit every yarn store in town.
    I hate you. :mad:

:D

Power CUer
    AND there's a lopi factory outlet just outside of town; my friend is already planning to drive me there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yxJe5KGKTc