Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Global Temperature Trend Upate: December 2010 - Warmest Year Or Not? 
    Some warmth for those feeling the cold...

Global Temperature Trend Upate: December 2010 - Warmest Year Or Not?

Ronald Bailey | January 6, 2011

Every month University of Alabama in Huntsville climatologists John Christy and Roy Spencer report the latest global temperature trends from satellite data. Below are the newest data updated through December, 2010. Last year finishes in a statistical tie with 1998 as the warmest year in the past 32 years. As Spencer notes: 1998 (+0.424 deg. C) barely edged out 2010 (+0.411 deg. C), but the difference (0.013 deg. C) is nowhere near statistically significant.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/01/06/gl...re-trend-upate
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I don't think that chart means what you think it means, TNO.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I don't think that chart means what you think it means, TNO.
    I don't think he knows what it means period. He posted it because it looks cool with all the pointy lines and all.

I don't think that chart is the best choice for proving your point, if you have a point.

I didn't think I was being cryptic. The title of the article asks a question and the chart answers it. What is the problem? Does information about temperature trends not belong at the CU Weather Channel?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    I didn't think I was being cryptic. The title of the article asks a question and the chart answers it. What is the problem?
    So you are beginning to question your faith?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Okay, you win. if that chart is accurate, it looks like 2010 had the second highest annual average satellite measured temperature of the lower atmosphere in the last 32 years. Congrats, you've done it. You've proven the left's entire global warming position is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Okay, you win. if that chart is accurate, it looks like 2010 had the second highest annual average satellite measured temperature of the lower atmosphere in the last 32 years. Congrats, you've done it. You've proven the left's entire global warming position is true.
    The global temperature average of any given year neither proves nor disproves the global warming position. I offer this thread merely as a data point.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

And prior to that 32 years? Kind of sounds like the temperature on Earth fluctuates up and down giving us warmer periods and cooler periods. You know, sort of like it's been doing for millions of years?

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The global temperature average of any given year neither proves nor disproves the global warming position. I offer this thread merely as a data point.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez