Thread: Kamikaze Run

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    If someone told me six months ago that the republicans had a chance to win the Presidency this year, I would have laughed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,671
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    If someone told me six months ago that the republicans had a chance to win the Presidency this year, I would have laughed.
    The Democrats are champions at snatching defeat out of the jaws of certain victory.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,301
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    As a lifelong Democrat I have no emotional investment in Obama and if I feel that way I am sure there are many others that feel that way.

    They snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory.
    Until recently I had pretty much figured the dems where a lock but the infighting with Hillary's supporters are changing things up. I remember reading DU when most of the Obama supporters where telling Clinton's people that they didn't need them and acting generally dismissive of them figuring who else could they vote for. At the time I thought that if they couldn't get past that mentality it would come back to bite them.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member FDK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,597
    So the (openly) racist Dems won't vote for the Chosen One, the PUMAs/hardcore Hitlery supporters won't vote for him either. He must be counting on the independent socialist vote to put him over the top.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Eyelids
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Just be careful. As a real Hillary supporter voting for McCain, I hate being misrepresented.
    I'm starting to have my doubts.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Until recently I had pretty much figured the dems where a lock but the infighting with Hillary's supporters are changing things up. I remember reading DU when most of the Obama supporters where telling Clinton's people that they didn't need them and acting generally dismissive of them figuring who else could they vote for. At the time I thought that if they couldn't get past that mentality it would come back to bite them.
    I'll vote for Obama because he's only marginally better than McCain. I knew this cult of personality crap was not enough. Many Americans loved Elvis ; they didn't make him president

    This is like the 18-0 Patriots losing to the Giants in the SB. What do you expect from the DUmmies? It's the world largest echo chamber.

    I'm getting burned out on politics. I can no longer ignore the artifice.
    Last edited by everyman68; 08-26-2008 at 06:47 PM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,043
    The best comment---someone who is sane.
    Kerry2008 (1000+ posts) Mon Aug-25-08 08:53 PM
    Response to Reply #232
    239. I support Obama, how about you?
    I disagree with the PUMAS. But I felt you were stupid to say "fuck you" to them because you disagree.

    I have a close friend who is a PUMA. My dad is very lukewarm on Obama, and he voted for Hillary, he's deciding whether to vote Barack (I'm trying to convince him to vote for him) or to stay home. My mother supported Hillary, but isn't voting.

    I take it personally. And it's idiotic to attack people for their opinions. My family is mostly all Republican on my dads side, but I would NEVER call them ignorant. Just have different beliefs, that I believe are wrong.
    But of course it's all lost on leftists at DU.
    Zhade (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-26-08 01:37 AM
    Response to Reply #239
    318. If they're Republicans even after what their party's done, they ARE ignorant.
    There is no one lower in my opinion than someone who acts hateful toward someone simply because they don't share the same beliefs and opinions. It seems to be many on DU that are this way, but maybe they are just the loudest and the most obnoxious. It's downright sad.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    The best comment---someone who is sane.
    But of course it's all lost on leftists at DU.

    There is no one lower in my opinion than someone who acts hateful toward someone simply because they don't share the same beliefs and opinions. It seems to be many on DU that are this way, but maybe they are just the loudest and the most obnoxious. It's downright sad.

    They only talk to people who think like themselves and therefore think everybody thinks like them. They think they are so with it but they are the most provincial of fools. It reminds me of the woman on the Lower East Side of Manhattan who couldn't believe Nixon won in a landlide because all her friends voted for McGovern.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,671
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'll pm you for pointers.
    Bless you!:)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Michigan/Tennessee
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I'm planning a suicide run myself in the near future. I've got a mole out there with only a couple of posts, but he has been quoted on CU before. I'm going to be a hillary support who is voting for McCain. I want to see how long I go before I get TSed.
    Give up a heads up if you can. Screen cap buttons are ready.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •