Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Did Jared Loughner hand POTUS another term? 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x186061

Typical attitude at the du: Yay! This might help Obama get reelected.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=439x186061

Typical attitude at the du: Yay! This might help Obama get reelected.
    If he did, then we should call him Saint Jared, because it would take a miracle to give Obama a second term. I'd like to see Obama not get the Democratic nomination.

Not going to happen. However, makes you think. 1994, Clinton got shellacked in the midterms. In April of '95, the OKC bombing(which was promptly blamed on conservative talk). Some believe his handling of that gave him momentum going into 1996. Fast-forward 16 years. Obama gets shellacked in the midterms. January 8, 2011, an unspeakable tragedy. Makes one think. I'm not accusing, I'm just saying.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

1996 had more to do with the GOP running an establishment candidate whose "turn it was" to run for president and the fact a 3rd party candidate ran as a spoiler. Bill Clinton never got over 50% of the vote.

The OKC bombing was not a big factor IMO.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post
    1996 had more to do with the GOP running an establishment candidate whose "turn it was" to run for president and the fact a 3rd party candidate ran as a spoiler. Bill Clinton never got over 50% of the vote.

The media demonizing Newt and the Republicans after the '94 elections didn't help matters either.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hoplophobe View Post

You hit the nail on the head. Bob Dole was well liked by most people, at least he didn't inspire hatred in any that I knew or interacted with. He simply wasn't exciting and the whole "it's his turn" thing was just kind of blah. I think they GOP and possibly Dole himself knew that wasn't going to happen, so they just showed up for that election.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Not going to happen. However, makes you think. 1994, Clinton got shellacked in the midterms. In April of '95, the OKC bombing(which was promptly blamed on conservative talk). Some believe his handling of that gave him momentum going into 1996. Fast-forward 16 years. Obama gets shellacked in the midterms. January 8, 2011, an unspeakable tragedy. Makes one think. I'm not accusing, I'm just saying.
    They're not that smart,if that backfired on them even their sniveling butt wipers in the MSM couldn't save them .

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    If he did, then we should call him Saint Jared, because it would take a miracle to give Obama a second term. I'd like to see Obama not get the Democratic nomination.
    Would you like to bet your CU membership on this feeling that Barack Obama won't get a second term?
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Would you like to bet your CU membership on this feeling that Barack Obama won't get a second term?
    What a peculiar thing to ask. Do you want me to leave? If you do, then why hinge it on a bet, especially when I'll have to listen to speculation that I won't honor it for the next two years?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    What a peculiar thing to ask. Do you want me to leave? If you do, then why hinge it on a bet, especially when I'll have to listen to speculation that I won't honor it for the next two years?
    No, I don't want you to leave. Membership is the only item of value I could think of that we could bet without giving up anonymity. I suppose we could bet virtual money. If you can think of something better to bet, I'm game.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas