Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Baby Bats Approach Terminal Cuteness Velocity. 
    Strewth, this weather's totally batty! It's not only the humans who have lost their homes in the Australian floods

By Daily Mail Reporter
    Last updated at 2:20 PM on 7th January 2011

Torrential rain has brought chaos to Australia, and not just to the humans who live there.

Australian Bat Clinic and Wildlife Trauma Centre director Trish Wimberley and her carers have helped save 130 orphaned bats on the Gold Coast in past weeks.

They saved 350 young bats during the 2008 storm season but this year think there's more going on than just wild weather.

Baby bats at the Bat Clinic in Advancetown, which has helped at least 130 baby bats after the wet weather

Carers have visited several bat 'camps' on the coast in recent weeks to find four-week-old babies on the ground covered in maggots and fly eggs. Trish said: 'They're coming down to feed on the ground. That makes them vulnerable. It's not a natural occurrence and shows there is trouble in the environment.

'Bats are a barometer to what is going on in the environment. They're our canaries down the coal mine'.

The surviving youngsters will be bottle fed and kept either hanging on clothes lines or in special intensive care units until they are ready to fly again in about four weeks.
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1AkhCv47T

Step on them before they fly!

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia

The one to the far left is in Pittsburg* Steelers Colors.....
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Thanks to you Ginger I don't think I'll find anything more cute then red pandas :(

Power CUer
    They aren't even in the same GALAXY of cuteness as red pandas. This is about a two on the ten-point Squee Scale.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I didn't say they were cuter than Red Pandas but they are cute.

However, in a zombie scenario I could cheerfully step on them to prevent brain-eating.

Power CUer
    The true test of cuteness is whether or not you could kill it if it were zombified. This one would eat my brain in a second and a half.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

It's a good thing the Jihadists are afraid of dog spit or we'd all be in danger of Islamic Undercover Bomb Puppies. :eek:

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    They aren't even in the same GALAXY of cuteness as red pandas. This is about a two on the ten-point Squee Scale.
    Cross-eyed possums are just as cute. Maybe cuter.

Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Power CUer
    No. That's hideous.