Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 On Christian End of Days Eschatology and why Sarah matters 
    What nutcases. They think they "know" what Christians (or in their words-fundamentalists) believe. Or perhaps it's simple to smear and demean someone that doesn't agree with their agenda.

link

nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 02:46 PM
    Original message
    On Christian End of Days Eschatology and why Sarah matters Updated at 2:48 PM

Ok, I have seen here many posts about they don't know what they are doing... and all that. Well, it matters and they know exactly what they are doing. What follows is a very short, high points mostly, on the end of days eschatology... (and incidentally I wish she were a Neocon... this is far worst)

The end of days are happening in our times. The first sign of that was the Balfour declaration, which established the idea of Palestine for the Jews. The Second marker was... the creation of the State of Israel in 1948. These people NEED to encourage all Jews to go back to the Ancient land of Israel, as this is a requirement for the second coming... and why they support Israel. This support is not because we love Jews... but because in the end of days 50K among them will convert while the rest will die, since they will not be perfected... yes a holocaust. It is sick... but that is the truth. These people wish for a SECOND holocaust.

There is more...

These people believe in Godly signs and in people being anointed by the Lord to take on his mission on Earth, and to suffer through the passage of the Christ... and to become Christ like... why the martyrdom of the Sarah matters... she is seen as anointed by the Lord to fight for the True People of Israel, and why the appropriate symbols such as blood libel. Attacks on The Sarah are attacks on the real Christians, and after all his church will be attacked in the end of days by those who do not believe in the Lord and his ways. This is yet another sign of the end of days.

This is why this is not a toning down. This is why this is a huge escalation.

Oh and this is very truly just the tip of the iceberg of the eschatology we are dealing with. This is not anymore about Sarah for President, but Sarah the Persecuted, as Jews were and are... as the true Church will be persecuted. They see her as either Sarah (the mother) or Deborah (the Prophet)...

And I know for secular Americans all of this is truly crazee talk. But there are enough Identity Christians and Dominionists who understand this very well. No, they are not the same thing, but they share major elements of this eschatology, end of days... so pay attention, and chiefly do NOT underestimate or think they do not know what they are doing. They know exactly what they are doing.

Oh and that speech... put a huge target on the "liberal Media." and on "liberal pundits."
    What a twisted view of Christians and our beliefs. He puts enough truth in, but then twists and/or lies about the rest. If it weren't so pathetic it would be funny.
    OneGrassRoot Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-13-11 03:16 PM
    Response to Reply #22
    39. I agree...

As I said, I don't take her seriously as a national figure, but fully recognize she has devout followers who do.

I've been asking the same question, and posing the question to others: Why do Limbaugh, Palin, Beck, et al have such a loyal following?

Palin has the "feminine" touch that I think makes them all feel better about following her, and defending her. I can't be more eloquent about it than that for the moment, but hopefully you know what I mean.

She spouts the same "god, guns and gays rhetoric, but coming from a female -- an attractive female, as many see her -- is the golden ticket for them.

She whips people up into the same frenzy Limbaugh does, but she does it with a smile and a wink. I think they're all very confused by many things since a black man became president, and she's suddenly there to guide them. I also think it's a plus that she's NOT a politician any longer, in their eyes. Michelle Bachmann could fill the same role if Palin were to back off, but she's too much of an "insider" for them. Plus, I don't think she poses with guns as much.
    Oh yes, Obama becomes president and suddenly we're "confused" because we certainly couldn't simply not agree with his political views and plans.
    jwirr Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jan-13-11 04:10 PM
    Response to Reply #9
    56. And her followers believe she has a chance at election because

she one of the "chosen ones".
    nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 02:57 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    16. I know, and the funny thing is that people like Buchanan Updated at 2:48 PM

who like them are in for a shock. They are NOT part of the saved. I mean he is a dirty Catholic.

So they face the same fate as we dirty Jews... convert or die in this world view.

I almost feel dirty typing that, but it is almost... know thy enemy, know thyself.
    cbdo2007 (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 02:59 PM
    Response to Original message
    19. Ok, ok I get what you're saying.

I do believe Palin has extreme delusions of grandeur, but I really don't think SHE thinks she is the one who is Christ like or that she thinks the end of days is upon us.

I'm pretty sure 99% of stuff she says and does is controlled by other people, so it may be someone else playing her as a puppet in all of this but I don't think Palin is smart enough to try to take on this battle by herself. If anything, she's looking worse and worse through the 2.5 years we've known her now, and if this is truly her belief, it has an expiration time line - 2016 when Obama leaves office.

The number of Christians who trust in and believe and follow Sarah Palin is very small. Catholics for one, don't give one rats ass about her. It's just the far right fundamentalist groups, of which they are a small minority of Christians in America. I'm guessing even most of them are backing away from her after this. The only people really fighting FOR Palin are the other people who latch on to whatever is happening for publicity - Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh.
    kctim (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:20 PM
    Response to Reply #28
    59. And you believe

that they believe Palin has been annointed? Am I understanding that correctly?

Do you believe Palin believes she has been annointed? Is there proof she is into all of this kind of stuff?

Just asking questions. Not a religious person in the very least, but I find this theory very interesting.
    nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 03:10 PM
    Response to Reply #29
    32. Yep. she is the current Billy Graham
    nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:05 PM
    Response to Reply #48
    53. 2033 Updated at 2:48 PM

mark your calendar.
    ipfilter (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:07 PM
    Response to Reply #53
    54. I haven't kept up with them in a while. What does 2033 mean to them now?
    nadinbrzezinski Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jan-13-11 04:11 PM
    Response to Reply #54
    57. The death and resurrection Updated at 2:48 PM

no they have not gone there, but Christ died on the year 33... so 2033 makes sense when the rest don't come true. It will be taken as the NEXT date.
    So there's a few hundred or maybe a few thousand people who think they can put a date on the end time, and brzezinsk thinks that he can claim Sarah Palin and all "fundamentalists" ie. every conservative Christian, agrees. ANd old brzie thinks he can read minds and knows that 2033 "will be the next date".

They shoot themselves in the foot with this nonsense. And they wonder why we laugh at them and don't take them seriously.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I think nadin's a she and she's been on a roll lately. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

"These people"....I'm one of those people and Palin is just a politician. Not part of the End Times, not a false Christ, nothing but a human.

The church Sarah Palin attended for decades believes that mankind is living in End Times and that the return of Jesus is imminent. Whether Palin believes this or not is an open question but surprisingly (or perhaps not surprisingly) not one which has been asked by the media.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The church Sarah Palin attended for decades believes that mankind is living in End Times and that the return of Jesus is imminent. Whether Palin believes this or not is an open question but surprisingly (or perhaps not surprisingly) not one which has been asked by the media.
    Every Christian church believes that to so extent or another. This is no big deal except to a bunch of atheists who hate Christians anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    Every Christian church believes that to so extent or another. This is no big deal except to a bunch of atheists who hate Christians anyways.
    No kidding. At least her church wasn't involved in racism, cursing the country, or mangled African history. I believe "the smartest guy in the room" managed to sit through that week after week for a of couple decades.

Watching DU discuss Christianity is like watching PETA discuss medical testing involving animals. They fixate on some details that are generally unimportant to those involved and miss the bigger picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Mau10man View Post
    All Christians believe that Jesus will return. Not all Christians believe that the return of Jesus is imminent. Nice try.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post

It'll be asked if she throws her hat into the ring in 2012. Unless she only does interviews on FOX, that is. She attends an Assemblies of God church-they are pentecostals. That is controversial in and of itself to all who are not pentecostals.

Their fear of and paranoia towards Sarah Palin grows exponentially each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    No kidding. At least her church wasn't involved in racism, cursing the country, or mangled African history. I believe "the smartest guy in the room" managed to sit through that week after week for a of couple decades.
    Week after week? How do you know that Barack Obama attended services at Trinity United Church of Christ every week? If Obama's church attendance now is any indication, he probably rarely attended church before he was elected president.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas