Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Whats that word thats been banned in the USA - is it ni**er, or is it n**ro ?

Book banning is another popular American pass time too - 'Catcher in the Rye' for one is banned in schools, the word Jew has been removed from Charles Dickens' books. You people even are trying to disallow Mosques from being built.

Let's not forget the Beatle song Back in the USSR from the 60's - it was banned in the USA.

If you live in a glass house please dont throw stones.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon View Post
    i am a retard. I like to make race cars out of my poop. Please someone help me....

yep
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Book banning is another popular American pass time too - 'Catcher in the Rye' for one is banned in schools, the word Jew has been removed from Charles Dickens' books. You people even are trying to disallow Mosques from being built.

Let's not forget the Beatle song Back in the USSR from the 60's - it was banned in the USA.

What ever your comic book newspapers and DU are telling you up in Canada isn't true. There are no "banned words" here and no, there are no banned books, either.

I don't know WHERE in the hell you got the idea that "back in the USSR" was banned here. That's just abject and total bullshit, like pretty much the rest of your false assertions here.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Actually, individual school districts propose books or withdraw them (not the State or Federal government). The same is true for county/municipal zoning issues (they deny permits for Christian churches much more frequently). Radio stations, not the FCC, decide what to play. I've never personally seen a copy of Dickens' works that was edited to remove language but I suppose it's possible that someone did that. '******' is hardly banned in the United States, it's used by every black comedian and almost all black rappers.

What we don't have is a governmental body such as your provincial Human Rights Commissions that routinely censors speech, written material, audio material, etc. and punishes citizens for speaking their minds.

Book banning is another popular American pass time(past time ;) ) too - 'Catcher in the Rye' for one is banned in schools, the word Jew has been removed from Charles Dickens' books. You people even are trying to disallow Mosques from being built.

Look at the groups "banning" those books...

The N-word hasn't been banned either, ever look at "black" comedy or rap?

Try again?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Email them the lyrics, I'm sure they'll get right on that. :p

I think we should outlaw poutine down here.

Eating that has no doubt caused numerous deaths. The people watching them eat it probably attempted suicide so outlawing it would be a two-fer.
    That looks like someone already ate it.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    yep
    lol

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    What ever your comic book newspapers and DU are telling you up in Canada isn't true. There are no "banned words" here and no, there are no banned books, either.

I don't know WHERE in the hell you got the idea that "back in the USSR" was banned here. That's just abject and total bullshit, like pretty much the rest of your false assertions here.
    But if you play it backwards it says, "Canadians fuck chickens. Eh?"

Seriously, when I was in the hospital a couple of years ago, a Canadian was in the room with me. His family would come every evening and tell him all about their adventures at the giant flea market, and everything they ate that day.

I have a policy of never speaking to my roommate in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy View Post
    They just really wanted to think it over before making a decision
    Yes, because otherwise they might have come up with an embarrassing and stupid response.
    Neither. A few leftist librarians are trying to demonstrate their compassion by gutting a classic about compassion. Next unsupported, ignorant assertion:
    Uh, no. Catcher in the Rye is still read in schools, despite its lack of literary merits, Dickens' Fagin is still a Jew, and the only mosque that we are trying to prevent is the one at ground zero in Manhattan, which is inappropriate for the same reasons that they don't have a Shinto shrine for KIA Kamikaze pilots at the USS Arizona Memorial. Next:
    [QUOTE=Yukon;359471]Let's not forget the Beatle song Back in the USSR from the 60's - it was banned in the USA.

It was? That's news to me. Got anything to substantiate that? A link? Anything?
    And if you have your head up your fourth point of contact, you may want to avoid inhaling.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

censored words on the radio? well i never
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.